Match result information will be available at 12:00 p.m noon Eastern Time on March 12, 2018.
When the results are released, the following information will be available:
- Residency Sites that participated in the Match will be told which applicant(s) matched to their program(s), and whether the residency site has any unfilled positions.
- Residency Sites will have access to information on applicants who participated in the Match but did not obtain a position.
- All applicants will be informed of their Match result.
- A list of programs with positions available after the Match will be posted publicly on this web site.
- Directors of Residencies at ACOE accredited schools or colleges of optometry will have access to the results for programs that are affiliated with their school, for applicants from their school, as well as information on programs with available positions and applicants who participated in the Match but did not obtain a position.
- Summary statistics of the results of the Match for applicants and residency sites will be posted publicly on this web site.
In June, ORMatch will send to residency sites updated NBEO Score Report Data for all of their matched applicants.
E-mail: Match result notification e-mails will be sent in the morning of March 12, 2018 with the intention of having all e-mails sent by 11:00 a.m. ET. Results will be sent by email to residency sites that participated in the Match (i.e., certified a Rank Order List and did not withdraw). Due to unreliable e-mail exchanges and inbound servers, we cannot guarantee a delivery time for the e-mails.
Web: Match result information will be available in the NMS Match System beginning at 12:00 p.m noon Eastern Time on March 12, 2018.
The same Match result information will be provided by e-mail and online. Any residency site that does not receive the result by e-mail should access their result online.
Following release of the results, programs with unfilled positions are permitted to seek and fill positions that remain available independent of ORMatch. NMS is not involved in the filling of positions during the Post-Match Process.
A List of Programs with Available Positions will be provided publicly on this web site beginning at 12:00 p.m noon Eastern Time on March 12, 2018. Information on this list may be updated by Program Coordinators.
Residency Sites and Directors of Residencies at schools and colleges of optometry will also have access to information on unmatched applicants beginning at 12:00 p.m noon Eastern Time on March 12, 2018.