Directors of Residencies must log in to the NMS Match System to access the Match results.Log In to the NMS Match System
Match Result Information Available
- A PDF report that lists the results obtained by applicants from their school.
- PDF reports of the results obtained by programs that are affiliated with their school
- The result obtained by each applicant who certified a Rank Order List in the Match. Information on applicants who submitted a Rank Order List but were left unmatched is available for download.
- A list of programs with positions available after the Match is publicly available.
- Summary statistics of the results of ORMatch are publicly available.
Programs must send a letter of confirmation of the Match result to their matched applicants as soon as possible and no later than 10 working days after the ORMatch results release date. Applicants must sign and return the letter within 30 days of the ORMatch results release date.
In June, ORMatch will send programs updated NBEO Score Report Data for all of their matched applicants.
If an applicant or program does not honor their Match commitment, report the case to either NMS or ASCO.
Statistics for the 2019 Match and previous years are available.View Match Statistics
Beginning at 12:00 p.m noon ET on March 18, 2019, programs with unfilled positions are permitted to seek and fill positions that remain available independently of ORMatch. NMS is not involved in the filling of positions during the Post-Match Process and programs may fill their available positions with applicants that did not register for ORMatch.
The List of Programs with Available Positions provides applicants with up to date information on available positions. Information on this list may be updated by Program Coordinators until May 31, 2019. Unmatched applicants seeking positions that remain available should contact residency sites directly.
Program Coordinators and Directors of Residencies at schools and colleges of optometry can log into the NMS Match System to access information on applicants who certified a Rank Order List but were not matched.