Match result information for positions beginning in 2018 will be available at 12:00 p.m noon Eastern Time on March 12, 2018.
When the results of the Match are released, the following information will be available:
- Directors of Residencies at ACOE accredited schools or colleges of optometry will have access to the results for programs that are affiliated with their school and for applicants from their school, as well as information on programs with available positions and applicants who participated in the Match but did not obtain a position.
- Directors of Residencies will also receive statistics on the applications to and rankings of their affiliated programs, compared to ORMatch averages.
- All applicants will be informed of their Match result.
- Residency Sites that participated in the Match will be told which applicant(s) matched to their program(s), and whether the residency site has any unfilled positions. Residency Sites will also have access to information on applicants who participated in the Match but did not obtain a position.
- A list of programs with positions available after the Match will be posted publicly on this web site.
- Summary statistics of the results of the Match for applicants and residency sites will be posted publicly on this web site.
In June, ORMatch will send to programs the NBEO Score Report Data for all of their matched applicants.
E-mail: Match result notification e-mails will be sent in the morning of March 12, 2018 with the intention of having all e-mails sent by 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time. Results will be sent by email to all Directors of Residencies at ACOE accredited schools or colleges of optometry. Due to unreliable e-mail exchanges and inbound servers, we cannot guarantee a delivery time for the e-mails.
Web: Match result information will be available in the NMS Match System beginning at 12:00 p.m noon Eastern Time on March 12, 2018.
Aggregate statistics on the participation and outcome of the Match will be posted online beginning at 12:00 p.m noon Eastern Time on March 12, 2018, the Match Results Release Date.
Following release of the results, applicants who are not matched are permitted to seek and fill positions that remain available independent of ORMatch. NMS is not involved in the filling of positions during the Post-Match Process.
A List of Programs with Available Positions will be provided publicly on this web site beginning at 12:00 p.m noon Eastern Time on March 12, 2018. Information on this list may be updated by Program Coordinators. Unmatched applicants seeking positions that remain available should contact residency sites directly.
Residency Sites and Directors of Residencies at schools and colleges of optometry will also have access to information on unmatched applicants beginning at 12:00 p.m noon Eastern Time on March 12, 2018.