Match result information for ORMatch will be posted at 12:00 p.m noon Eastern Time on March 9, 2022.
When the results of ORMatch are released, the following result information will be available:
- All applicants will have access to information on whether or not they have been matched to a position. Matched applicants will be told the specific program to which they matched.
- Your ORMatch result will be available to the Directors of Residencies at each ASCO affiliated school and college of optometry and to all residency sites that participated in ORMatch, but it will not be available to other applicants.
- A list of programs with positions available in the Post-Match Process will be posted publicly on this website.
- Program Coordinators will be told which applicant(s) matched to their program(s). They will also have access to information on all programs that have positions available in the Post-Match Process, as well as applicants who submitted an application or certified a Rank Order List but did not obtain a position, or who withdrew but indicated they are still seeking a position.
- Directors of Residencies at ACOE accredited schools or colleges of optometry will have access to the results obtained by applicants from their school, results for programs that are affiliated with their school, as well as information on programs with available positions, and applicants who submitted an application or certified a Rank Order List but did not obtain a position, or who withdrew but indicated they are still seeking a position.
- Summary statistics of the results of ORMatch for applicants and residency sites will be posted publicly on this website.
In June, ORMatch will send to programs updated NBEO Score Report Data for all of their matched applicants.
Email: Match result notification emails will be sent in the morning of March 9, 2022 with the intention of having all emails sent by 12:00 p.m noon Eastern Time. Results will be sent by email to applicants that participated in the Match (i.e., certified a Rank Order List and did not withdraw). Due to unreliable email exchanges and inbound servers, we cannot guarantee a delivery time for the emails.
Web: Match result information will be available in the NMS Match System beginning at 12:00 p.m noon Eastern Time on March 9, 2022.
The same Match result information will be provided by email and online. Any applicant who does not receive their result by email should access their result online.
Following release of the results, applicants who are not matched are permitted to seek and fill positions that remain available independently of ORMatch.
A List of Programs with Available Positions will be provided publicly on this website beginning at 12:00 p.m noon Eastern Time on March 9, 2022. Information on this list may be updated by Program Coordinators.
Programs are able to obtain applications from applicants in any manner they desire, including directly from applicants. Applicants who registered for ORMatch but did not obtain a position can use the NMS Match System to send applications online to programs in the Post-Match Process. Individuals who did not register for ORMatch prior to the Rank Order List deadline but are seeking positions during the Post-Match Process must send applications to programs directly. If you have questions about a program's application procedures during the Post-Match Process, contact the program directly.
Beginning at 12:00 p.m noon Eastern Time on March 9, 2022, residency sites and Directors of Residencies at schools and colleges of optometry will have access to information on applicants who submitted an application or certified a Rank Order List but were not matched, or who withdrew but indicated they are still seeking a position. Applicants can provide consent for NMS to release certain personal information to programs to help them identify applicants that would be a good fit to fill their available positions
Aggregate statistics on the participation and outcome of the Match will be posted online at 12:00 p.m noon Eastern Time on March 9, 2022.
Optometry Resident Directory
Applicants who obtain a position in the Match or Post-Match Process will have their information added to the Optometry Resident Directory. The Optometry Resident Directory is an online service sponsored by ASCO that helps residents and outside entities network with one another for career opportunities. The Directory allows residents to stay connected to the optometric community while providing prospective employers with an easy way to identify residents who might be a good fit for their practices.
NMS will send emails to residents in June when they are added to the Directory. At that time, residents may log into the Directory to update or delete their information, if desired.