Match result information for ORMatch will be posted at 12:00 p.m noon ET on March 18, 2019.
When the results of ORMatch are released, the following result information will be available:
- All applicants will have access to information on whether or not they have been matched to a position.
- Matched applicants will be told the specific program to which they matched.
- A list of programs with positions available after the Match will be posted publicly on this web site.
- Program Coordinators will be told which applicant(s) matched to their program(s). They will also have access to information on all programs that have positions available after the Match and applicants who certified a Rank Order List for the Match but did not obtain a position.
- Directors of Residencies at ACOE accredited schools or colleges of optometry will have access to the results obtained by applicants from their school, results for programs that are affiliated with their school, as well as information on programs with available positions and applicants who certified a Rank Order List for the Match but did not obtain a position.
- Summary statistics of the results of ORMatch for applicants and residency sites will be posted publicly on this web site.
In June, ORMatch will send to programs updated NBEO Score Report Data for all of their matched applicants.
E-mail: Match result notification e-mails will be sent in the morning of March 18, 2019 with the intention of having all e-mails sent by 12:00 p.m noon ET. Results will be sent by e-mail to applicants that participated in the Match (i.e., certified a Rank Order List and did not withdraw). Due to unreliable e-mail exchanges and inbound servers, we cannot guarantee a delivery time for the e-mails.
Web: Match result information will be available in the NMS Match System beginning at 12:00 p.m noon ET on March 18, 2019.
The same Match result information will be provided by e-mail and online. Any applicant who does not receive their result by e-mail should access their result online.
Following release of the results, applicants who are not matched are permitted to seek and fill positions that remain available independently of ORMatch. NMS is not involved in the filling of positions during the Post-Match Process.
A List of Programs with Available Positions will be provided publicly on this web site beginning at 12:00 p.m noon ET on March 18, 2019. Information on this list may be updated by Program Coordinators. Unmatched applicants seeking positions that remain available should contact residency sites directly.
Residency Sites and Directors of Residencies at schools and colleges of optometry will have access to information on applicants who certified a Rank Order List but were not matched beginning at 12:00 p.m noon ET on March 18, 2019. Applicants can provide consent for NMS to release certain personal information to programs to help them identify applicants that would be a good fit to fill their available positions
Please see Match Statistics for summary results of ORMatch.
Optometry Resident Directory
Applicants who obtain a position in the Match or Post-Match Process will have their information added to the Optometry Resident Directory. The Optometry Resident Directory is an online service sponsored by ASCO that helps residents and outside entities network with one another for career opportunities. The Directory allows you to stay connected to the optometric community while providing prospective employers with an easy way to identify residents who might be a good fit for their practices.
NMS will send e-mails to applicants in June when they are added to the Directory. At that time, applicants may log in to the Directory to update or delete their information, if desired.