Program Directors must log in to the NMS Match System in order to access Match results.
Match Result Information Available
When the results of Phase II of the Match are released, the following information will be available to residencies:
- Programs that participated in Phase II will be able to download a report of the Match results for the program(s). The report indicates which applicant(s) matched to the residency, and whether or not the residency has any unfilled positions.
- Summary statistics of the results of the Match for applicants and programs.
- Information on applicants who participated in the Match but were not matched to a position will be available in the NMS Match System starting 12:00 p.m. noon ET on April 13, 2018.
Program Directors must send letters of confirmation of the Phase II Match result, no later than May 12, 2018 to matched applicants who must sign and return the letters of confirmation.
Updating the List of Programs with Available Positions
Instructions for Updating Information on the List
Programs must log in to the NMS Match System in order to update their contact information or the number of positions shown on the List of Programs with Available Positions.
Initially, only programs that were left with unfilled positions are shown on the list. All programs that were active in the Match are able to update their information on available positions. Programs that did not register, or that registered but withdrew from the Match, are not able to update their information.
Updating the list: Programs will be able to update their contact information and the number of positions available.
- Contact information should be updated from the Profile section. Changes to contact information will apply only to the List of Programs with Available Positions, and will not be reflected permanently in NMS records. Permanent changes to contact information after the Rank Order List deadline must be submitted to NMS in writing, not through the NMS Match System.
- A Program can increase or decrease the number of available Post-Match positions from the Program Dashboard. Programs can be added to the List by setting the number of available Post-Match positions to a number greater than zero, or removed from the List by setting the number of available positions to zero.
- Updates will not appear in real time, but the List will be updated frequently to ensure that the information provided to applicants seeking positions remains up-to-date.
Instructions for Removing a Program from the List
If you no longer want to accept applications for your positions, you need to remove your program separately from both the NMS Match System and PhORCAS to ensure applicants do not see your program as having available positions. You should:
- Log in to the NMS Match System and set the number of Post-Match positions for your program to 0 (zero); and,
- Close your program in the PhORCAS WebAdmit system.
The system will close for programs to make updates on May 31, 2018.
Unmatched applicants and programs with unfilled positions are free to contact each other and to negotiate directly with each other, independently of the Match, to fill available positions.
- No action to fill positions remaining available after the Match is to be taken prior to 12:00 p.m. noon ET on April 12, 2018.
- April 12, 2018: When the Match results are released, a list of programs with available positions will be posted on this web site. Programs are able to update the information on this list from April 12 until May 31. Applicants who do not obtain a position in the Match will be able to use PhORCAS to prepare applications to programs with available positions.
- PhORCAS has given all programs with available positions a default application deadline date of May 12, 2018 for the Post-Match Process. Please update the PhORCAS WebAdmit portal should you wish to change this application deadline date for the Post-Match Process.
- April 13, 2018: Applicants will be able to submit applications through PhORCAS to programs with available positions beginning at 12:00 p.m. noon ET on April 13, 2018. Any questions related to applications or PhORCAS should be directed to PhORCAS customer support at PhORCASinfo@PhORCAS.org or 617–612–2868.
- Beginning at 12:00 p.m. noon ET on April 13, 2018, a list of unmatched applicants will be provided to residency programs in the NMS Match System, and programs will be able to receive applications submitted by applicants in PhORCAS.
- April 19, 2018: Programs with available positions should not make offers to applicants to fill available positions until April 19, 2018.
Statistics for the 2018 Match and previous years are available.View Match Statistics