Program Directors must log in to the NMS Match System in order to access Match results.Log in to the NMS Match System
Program Directors should contact matched applicants as soon as possible after 12:00 p.m. noon ET on April 10, 2019 to acknowledge the Match result. Program Directors must send a letter of agreement to each applicant matched to their residency within 30 days of the release of the Match results. Matched applicants must sign and return the letters.
Match Result Information Available in the NMS Match System
- Programs that participated in Phase II can download a report of the applicant(s) that matched to the residency in Phase II, and whether or not the residency has any unfilled positions.
- Unmatched applicants can access a list of programs with available positions.
- Information on applicants who certified a Rank Order List for the Match but did not obtain a position will be available beginning 12:00 p.m. noon ET on April 11, 2019.
Although NMS makes every effort to provide you with your Match result in a timely manner, failure to receive your result on the Match result release date does not affect your obligation to the applicant(s) matched to your residency.
Unmatched applicants and programs with unfilled positions are free to contact each other and to negotiate directly with each other, independently of the Match, to fill available positions.
- April 10, 2019: No action to fill positions remaining available after the Match is to be taken prior to 12:00 p.m. noon ET on April 10, 2019.
- When the Match results are released, a list of programs with available positions will be posted. Programs are able to update the information on this list until May 31, 2019. Applicants who do not obtain a position in the Match will be able to use PhORCAS to prepare applications to programs with available positions.
- PhORCAS has given all programs with available positions a default application deadline date of May 10, 2019 for the Post-Match Process. Please update the PhORCAS WebAdmit system should you wish to change this application deadline date for the Post-Match Process.
- April 11, 2019: Applicants will be able to submit applications through PhORCAS to programs with available positions beginning at 12:00 p.m. noon ET on April 11, 2019. Any questions related to applications or PhORCAS should be directed to PhORCAS customer support at PhORCASinfo@PhORCAS.org or 617–612–2868.
- Beginning at 12:00 p.m. noon ET on April 11, 2019, a list of unmatched applicants will be provided to residency programs in the NMS Match System, and programs will be able to receive applications submitted by applicants in PhORCAS.
- April 17, 2019: Programs with available positions should not make offers to applicants to fill available positions until April 17, 2019.
Update Information on the List of Programs with Available Positions
Programs must log in to the NMS Match System in order to update their contact information or the number of positions shown on the List of Programs with Available Positions.
Initially, only programs that were left with unfilled positions are shown on the list. All programs that were active in the Match are able to update their information on available positions. Programs that did not register, or that registered but withdrew from the Match, are not able to update their information.
Updating the list: Programs will be able to update their contact information and the number of positions available.
- Updating Contact information: Changes to contact information are made in the Profile section of the NMS Match System. Changes to contact information will apply only to the List of Programs with Available Positions, and will not be reflected permanently in NMS records. Permanent changes to contact information after the Rank Order List deadline must be submitted to NMS in writing, not through the NMS Match System.
- Updating the Number of Available Positions: Changes to the number of Post-Match positions available can be changed from the Program Dashboard. Programs can be added to the List by setting the number of available positions to a number greater than zero, or removed from the List by setting the number of available positions to zero.
- If you wish to remove your program from the Post-Match Process, you must:
- Close your program in the PhORCAS WebAdmit system
- Log in to the NMS Match System and set the number of Post-Match positions for your program to 0 (zero)
The NMS Match System will close for programs to make updates on May 31, 2019.