Program Directors must log in to the NMS Match System in order to access Match results.Log in to the NMS Match System
Program Directors are encouraged to contact matched applicants as soon as possible after 12:00 p.m. noon Eastern Time on Match Results Day to acknowledge the Match result. Program Directors must ensure that an appointment agreement is sent to all matched applicants postmarked no later than 30 days following receipt of the results.
Match Result Information Available in the NMS Match System
- Programs that participated in Phase II can download a report that lists the applicant(s) that matched to the residency in Phase II and whether or not the residency has any unfilled positions.
- Unmatched applicants can access a list of programs with available positions.
- Information on applicants who certified a Rank Order List for the Match but did not obtain a position will be available in the NMS Match System beginning 12:00 p.m. noon Eastern Time on April 15, 2021.
Although NMS makes every effort to provide you with your Match result expeditiously, failure to receive your result in a timely manner does not affect your obligation to the applicants matched to your residency.
Unmatched applicants and programs with unfilled positions are free to contact each other and to negotiate directly with each other, independently of the Match, to fill available positions.
- April 14, 2021, 12:00 p.m. noon Eastern Time: A list of programs with available positions is available for unmatched applicants. Programs can update the information on this list until May 31, 2021. Applicants who did not obtain a position in the Match can use PhORCAS to prepare applications to programs with available positions.
- PhORCAS has given all programs with available positions a default application deadline date of May 14, 2021 for the Post-Match Process. Please update the PhORCAS WebAdmit system should you wish to change this application deadline date for the Post-Match Process.
- April 15, 2021, 12:00 p.m. noon Eastern Time: Applicants can submit applications through PhORCAS to programs with available positions. Any questions related to applications or PhORCAS should be directed to PhORCAS customer support at PhORCASinfo@PhORCAS.org or 617–612–2868.
- A list of unmatched applicants is provided to residency programs in the NMS Match System, and programs are able to receive applications submitted by applicants in PhORCAS.
- April 21, 2021: Programs with available positions should not make offers to applicants to fill available positions until April 21, 2021.
Update Information on the List of Programs with Available Positions
Programs must log in to the NMS Match System in order to update their contact information or the number of positions shown on the List of Programs with Available Positions.
Initially, only programs that were left with unfilled positions are shown on the list. All programs that were active in the Match are able to update their information on available positions. Programs that did not register, or that registered but withdrew from the Match, are not able to update their information.
Updating the list: Programs will be able to update their contact information and the number of positions available.
- Updating Contact information: Changes to contact information are made in the Profile section of the NMS Match System. Changes to contact information will apply only to the List of Programs with Available Positions, and will not be reflected permanently in NMS records. Permanent changes to contact information after the Rank Order List deadline must be submitted to NMS in writing, not through the NMS Match System.
- Updating the Number of Available Positions: The number of Post-Match positions available can be changed from the Program Dashboard. Programs can be added to the List by setting the number of available positions to a number greater than zero, or removed from the List by setting the number of available positions to zero.
- If you wish to remove your program from the Post-Match Process, you must:
- Close your program in the PhORCAS WebAdmit system.
- Log in to the NMS Match System and set the number of Post-Match positions for your program to 0 (zero).
The NMS Match System will close for programs to make updates on May 31, 2021.