Phase II Match Results
Match result information for Phase II of the Match will be available at 12:00 p.m. noon ET on April 8, 2020.
- A report of the Match results for your program(s). The report will indicate which applicant(s) matched to your residency, and whether or not the residency has any unfilled positions.
- Information on applicants who certified a Rank Order List in Phase I but did match to a position will be available starting at 9:00 a.m. ET on March 17, 2020. This information can be filtered by program type ranked by the applicant.
E-mail: Match result notification e-mails will be sent to all programs and applicants that submitted Rank Order Lists. The e-mails are sent in the morning of April 8, 2020 with the intention of having all e-mails sent by 12:00 p.m. noon ET. Due to unreliable e-mail exchanges and inbound servers, we cannot guarantee a delivery time for the e-mails.
Web: Beginning at 12:00 p.m. noon ET on April 8, 2020, each registered applicant and residency can log in to the NMS Match System to access their personal Match result online.
The same Match result information will be provided by e-mail and online. Any residency that does not receive its result by e-mail should access their result from the NMS Match System.
Although NMS makes every effort to provide you with your Match result on the Match Results Release Date, failure to receive your result on that day does not affect your obligation to the applicants matched to your residency.
Beginning at 12:00 p.m. noon ET on April 8, 2020, programs with unfilled positions and unmatched applicants are free to contact each other and to negotiate directly with each other, independently of the Match, to fill available positions. No action to fill positions remaining unfilled after the Match is to be taken prior to 12:00 p.m. noon ET on April 8, 2020.
- April 8, 2020: When the Match results are released, a list of programs with unfilled positions will be available to unmatched applicants. Programs are able to update the information on this list until May 31. Applicants who do not obtain a position in the Match will be able to use PhORCAS to prepare applications to programs with available positions.
- April 9, 2020: Applicants will be able to submit applications through PhORCAS to programs with available positions beginning at 12:00 p.m. noon ET. Any questions related to applications or PhORCAS should be directed to PhORCAS customer support at PhORCASinfo@PhORCAS.org or 617–612–2868.
- Starting at 12:00 p.m. noon ET, a list of unmatched applicants will be provided to residency programs via the NMS Match System, and programs will be able to receive applications submitted by applicants in PhORCAS.
- April 15, 2020: It is recommended that programs with available positions do not make offers to applicants to fill available positions before this date.
Phase I Match Results
Programs can log in to the NMS Match System to access their Phase I Match result. After the Phase II Rank Order List deadline, Phase I results will be removed from the NMS Match System. Beginning at 12:00 p.m. noon ET on April 8, 2020, all programs that participated in the Match may access their results from the NMS Match System.