Key DatesPhase II
|System Opens For Rankings||March 29, 2021|
|Rank Order List Deadline||April 7, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time|
You will not be able to access the NMS Match System to enter, change or certify your Rank Order List after the Rank Order List deadline.
You are strongly advised to enter your rankings and certify your Rank Order List well before the Rank Order List deadline to avoid potential problems near the deadline.
Enter Your Rankings
The Rankings summary on the Dashboard shows the number of ranks on your Rank Order List and whether or not your Rank Order List is certified for use in the Match.
To enter ranks into your Rank Order List, select the Rankings option from the menu in the NMS Match System, or select Edit in the Rankings section of the Dashboard.
Add a Program
- Start typing in the search box to find the program you want to rank. Programs can be searched by Code Number, residency name, Program Director name, program description or location.
- Use the available Filters to restrict your search results to a specific program type and/or state.
- Programs that are withdrawn from the Match will have a Withdrawn flag next to their program name. You should leave the withdrawn program ranked on your list. If it becomes active again before the Rank Order List deadline, that ranking will be used in the Match. If the program remains withdrawn, that ranking will not be used in the Match, and your list will be processed as if you had not ranked the withdrawn program.
- Select the Program from the list of search results.
- Press the Add to List button to add the program to your list. Programs should be entered in rank number sequence, with your most preferred program entered first as rank 1, your second most preferred program entered next as rank 2, and so on. You may add as many programs as you wish to your list.
Delete a Program
- Press the 'X' next to the program name to delete it from your list.
Reorder a Program on Your List
- To move or re-order a rank, use the drop-down menu attached to the rank number. Select the number where you want the program to be ranked.
Print Your Rank Order List
You should print a copy of your final certified Rank Order List for your records.
- Click on the Printer-Friendly link (provided at the top or bottom of your Rank Order List) and then use the print function of your browser.
You will be able to view the printer-friendly version of your Rank Order List until the day after the Match Results are released for Phase II of the Match.
An applicant who is participating in the Match as part of a couple must coordinate their rankings with their partner. Consult the Couples Ranking Instructions for detailed information, instructions, and examples for submitting rankings.
Note: If you participated in Phase I of the Match as a member of a couple and did not obtain a position in Phase I, your Couple Status will be changed back automatically to INDIVIDUAL for Phase II. If you wish to participate in Phase II as a member of a couple, you will have to change your Couple Status for Phase II in the NMS Match System, after the system opens for Phase II.
Certifying your Rank Order List tells NMS that your rankings are complete and ready to be used in the Match. You must certify your Rank Order List in order for it to be used in the Match.
You can make changes to your list even after it is certified, until the Rank Order List deadline If you make changes to a list after it is certified, the list will become uncertified and you will have to re-certify the list prior to the deadline in order for it to be used in the Match.
Certify Your Rank Order List
- Press the Submit for Certification button at the bottom of your Rank Order List, once you have added all your programs and they are in the desired order of preference.
- The NMS Match System will alert you if any issues or problems exist in your Rank Order List, and prompt you to certify your list by re-entering your password and pressing Submit.
- A green banner will be displayed at the top of the Rankings page
- In the Rankings section of your Dashboard, it will indicate that the Rank Order List has been certified
- You will be sent an email from NMS confirming your Rank Order List is certified
There are three ways to verify that the list has been certified:
Do not call NMS to confirm that your Rank Order List has been certified.
Your Rank Order List for Phase II must be certified by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on April 7, 2021. You will not be able to certify your Rank Order List in the NMS Match System after the Rank Order List deadline.
You are strongly encouraged to enter and certify your Rank Order List well before the deadline date to avoid potential problems near the deadline.
The online NMS Match System is designed to be used with the security and features of modern web browsers.
We recommend using the most up to date version of one of the following browsers:
If you access the system with a browser that is not in the list above, or with a browser that is significantly out of date, you may see warning messages and experience problems.