Phase II Match Results
Match result information for Phase II of the Match will be available at 12:00 p.m. noon ET on April 8, 2020.
When the results of the Match are released, the following information will be available to applicants:
- The Match result obtained by each individual applicant
- For unmatched applicants - a list of programs with positions that remain available. Programs with available positions will be able to access a list of applicants who certified a Rank Order List but did not obtain a position.
- Summary statistics of the results of the Match for applicants and programs.
E-mail: Match result notification e-mails will be sent to all programs and applicants that submitted Rank Order Lists. The e-mails are sent in the morning of April 8, 2020 with the intention of having all e-mails sent by 12:00 p.m. noon ET. Due to unreliable e-mail exchanges and inbound servers, we cannot guarantee a delivery time for the e-mails.
Web: Match result information will be available in the NMS Match System beginning at 12:00 p.m. noon ET on April 8, 2020.
The same Match result information will be provided by e-mail and online. Any applicant who does not receive their result by e-mail should access their result online.
Although NMS makes every effort to provide you with your Match result expeditiously, failure to receive your result in a timely manner does not affect your obligation to the program where you are matched.
Beginning at 12:00 p.m. noon ET on April 8, 2020, unmatched applicants and programs with unfilled positions are free to contact each other and to negotiate directly with each other, independently of the Match, to fill available positions. No action to fill positions remaining unfilled after the Match is to be taken prior to 12:00 p.m. noon ET on April 8, 2020.
- April 8, 2020: When the Match results are released, a list of programs with unfilled positions will be available to unmatched applicants. Programs are able to update the information on this list until May 31. Applicants who do not obtain a position in the Match will be able to use PhORCAS to prepare applications to programs with available positions.
- April 9, 2020: Applicants will be able to submit applications through PhORCAS to programs with available positions beginning at 12:00 p.m. noon ET. Any questions related to applications or PhORCAS should be directed to PhORCAS customer support at PhORCASinfo@PhORCAS.org or 617–612–2868.
- Starting at 12:00 p.m. noon ET, a list of unmatched applicants will be provided to residency programs via the NMS Match System, and programs will be able to receive applications submitted by applicants in PhORCAS.
- April 15, 2020: It is recommended that programs with available positions do not make offers to applicants to fill available positions before this date.
Phase I Match Results
Applicants can log in to the NMS Match System to access their Phase I Match result. After the Phase II Rank Order List deadline, Phase I results will be removed from the NMS Match System. Beginning at 12:00 p.m. noon ET on April 8, 2020, all applicants that participated in the Match may access their results from the NMS Match System.