Log In to the NMS Match System
You can access the NMS Match System by selecting the Log In button in the top-right corner of the page.
To log into the NMS Match System you will need to enter both the email address and password that were previously set up in the system (e.g., when you registered your program for the SSO Breast Match).
If you have more than one track registered in the SSO Breast Match, you will be presented with a list of the tracks after you log in to the system. You must select a track from the list in order to reach the Dashboard page for the track.
If you do not know your password, please use the Forgot Password? link available on the NMS Match System login page and follow the instructions to reset your password.
Update Account Information
In the Account section, you can change your email, password, and security questions. You can also add an additional track to your program, if necessary.
Ensure your email address is correct as all SSO Breast Match communications, including your program's Match results, will be sent to that email address.
- If you are responsible for more than one track, any changes you make to your Account information will apply to all of your tracks.
- If you change your email or password, you will have to use the new values the next time you log in to the NMS Match System.
Changes to program and track information should be made in the Profile section.
New/Changed Program Director
If there is a change in Program Director, the following information should be updated in the NMS Match System:
- Account Section: Email address, password, security questions
- Profile Section: Program Director name, phone, fax, mailing address if necessary
If possible, you should work with the former Program Director to update this information. The former Program Director can log in to the system, enter your email address and provide a temporary password for you in the Account section. You can then log in with your email address and the temporary password, and update the password and the rest of the information as required.
If the former Program Director is not available and you do not have access to the login credentials created by the former Program Director, you must send a signed request to NMS, on the program's letterhead, providing your email address and requesting that NMS update the login information for your program. The letter should be scanned or photographed and sent as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manage your Track(s)
After you log into the NMS Match System for a track, you are presented with a Dashboard. The Dashboard shows your track’s current status in the SSO Breast Match, the number of positions being offered, and information about the track’s applications and rankings for the SSO Breast Match.
Program Directors that have more than one track registered in the SSO Breast Match will be presented with a list of their tracks after they log into the system. You must select one track from the list to reach the main Dashboard page for the track.
Switch to the Dashboard of Another Track
If you have more than one track registered for the SSO Breast Match, you can use the Switch button at the top of the Dashboard to access the Dashboard of another track without having to log out of the system.
Change the Number of Positions Offered by a Track
You should ensure that the number of positions to be filled in the SSO Breast Match is aligned with your SSO-approved complement. All 2022-2023 fellowship academic year positions at your program must be offered in the SSO Breast Match.
If you wish to take more or less than your program's SSO-approved complement, the Program Director must submit to SSO a Fellowship Complement Increase/Decrease Form by March 1, 2021. The Training Committee must approve the request prior to the Rank Order List deadline, and only then can the number of positions be changed in the NMS Match System.
To change the number of positions in the NMS Match System:
- Select the Edit button in the Positions section of the Dashboard
- Select the appropriate number of positions to be filled, and press the Save button
The number of positions offered can be changed in the NMS Match System until the Rank Order List deadline, July 19, 2021.
Participation Status - Withdraw or Reinstate a Track
The Status section shows the track's participation status in the SSO Breast Match. All registered tracks that intend to offer positions in the 2022-2023 fellowship academic year should have a status of Active.
The status of a track can be changed in the NMS Match System until the Rank Order List deadline. If the track is no longer offering positions in the 2022-2023 fellowship academic year, it should withdraw from the SSO Breast Match
If your track has positions available but no acceptable applicants, you should not withdraw the track but should certify a Rank Order List with no ranks.
To withdraw a track in the NMS Match System:
- Select the Edit button in the Status section of the Dashboard
- Select a reason for withdrawing
- Enter your password and press Submit.
If you have withdrawn a track but now want that track to participate in the SSO Breast Match or offer positions in the Post-Match Process, you can reinstate that track prior to the Rank Order List deadline.
Reinstate a Track in the NMS Match System:
- Select the Edit button in the Status section of the Dashboard
- Follow the instructions provided on the screen to complete the reinstatement process.
Add a New Track to Your Program
- Select the Account option from the NMS Match System menu.
- Use the Add New Track button to add an additional track to your program.
- Select the number of positions to be filled in the track for the 2022-2023 fellowship academic year and edit the description of the new track.
- The description of the new track must be unique and clearly distinguish that track from any other track offered by your program. You may also need to modify the number of positions and description(s) of the previously existing track(s) offered by your program, to ensure the program is offering its full SSO-approved complement of positions and the track descriptions clearly distinguish each track.
- The track Code Number will be assigned to the new track automatically by the system.
You can add a track to your program in the NMS Match System until June 14, 2021. If you wish to add a track after this date, you will need to contact NMS.
Update Program and/or Track Information
You may edit most of the Profile Information for the program and/or track until the Rank Order List deadline. However, you cannot change the program display name or the track description once the NMS Match System is open for the entry of rankings.
To update your Profile information:
- Select the Profile option from the NMS Match System menu.
- Select the Edit button next to the information you want to change.
- Update your information, and press the Save button.
Detailed instructions about the content to be entered into each field can be found by pressing the tooltip icon (?) next to the field name.
If your program has more than one track in the SSO Breast Match, any changes you make to the Program Information for one track will be made automatically for all tracks at the program. You cannot have different contact information for different tracks within your program.
Access Your Applications
To access the applications submitted to your program, log into the NMS Match System and select the Your Applications option from the menu. That will display the list of applicants to your program.
When an applicant adds your program to their list of pending applications, you are provided with their name and contact information. When an applicant submits an application to your program, the applicant's full application information is available immediately for download. The NMS Match System has tools to help you organize and review the applications submitted to your program.
List Available Positions Post-Match
This section controls whether or not the track will be included on the List of Programs with Available Positions if the track has unfilled positions after the Match.
In some cases, programs do not want to appear on the List of Programs with Available Positions, even if they have unfilled positions in the Match. If you want to exclude your track from the Post-Match list when it is first released, you should:
- Select the Edit button in the List Available Positions Post-Match section of the Dashboard
- Select No from the drop-down menu and press Submit.
Regardless of the option selected, programs can choose to add or remove themselves from the Post-Match List at any time after release of the Match results.
The online NMS Match System is designed to be used with the security and features of modern web browsers.
We recommend using the most up to date version of one of the following browsers:
If you access the system with a browser that is not in the list above, or with a browser that is significantly out of date, you may see warning messages and experience problems.