Things to Know
- The list of preferred tracks you submit to the SSO Breast Match is called a Rank Order List.
- You must log into the NMS Match System to enter and certify your Rank Order List by the Rank Order List deadline, July 19, 2021.
- If you do not intend to submit a Rank Order List for the SSO Breast Match, you must withdraw from the SSO Breast Match using the NMS Match System.
Each program offers one or more tracks in the SSO Breast Match. A track refers to a type of position or stream of training at a program (e.g., positions offered at different locations may be offered as separate tracks). You must rank, and will be matched to, a specific track offered by a program.
|NMS Match System Opens For Rankings||June 14, 2021|
|Rank Order List Deadline||July 19, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time|
The Matching Algorithm is designed such that it cannot be gamed or manipulated.
The only strategy is to rank your choices in order of your true preferences, without considering how you expect to be ranked by any track.
Rank all tracks at programs to which you applied that would be acceptable. Submitting a longer list of tracks may reduce your chances of being left unmatched.
Do not rank any track that you consider unacceptable (i.e., you would not want to be matched to the track, even if it was the only position available to you in the Match). You can only be matched to tracks that appear on your Rank Order List.
Certify Your Rank Order List
You must certify your Rank Order List in the NMS Match System in order for it to be used in the Match. Certifying your Rank Order List lets NMS know it is ready to be used in the Match.
You can make changes to your list even after it is certified, until the Rank Order List deadline. If you make changes after your list is certified, the list will become uncertified and you simply have to certify your list again before the Rank Order List deadline in order for it to be used in the Match.
Guides to the NMS Match System
To jump to the instructions for a specific task within the system guides, refer to the links below:
- Change Match Participation Status
- Importing Rankings from Your Applications
- Enter Your Rank Order List
- Certify Your Rank Order List