Program Directors must log in to the NMS Match System in order to access their results.
The Match Results include:
- A downloadable PDF document which shows the applicants matched to your program(s), as well as the number of positions offered and filled. If your residency offered more than one program in the Match, the results for all your programs are available in a single PDF document accessible from the Dashboard of any program that participated in the Match.
- A list of all matched applicants, which can be filtered by program type.
- A list of applicants who participated in the Match but were not matched to a position. This information is provided for the use of programs with available positions. The list can be filtered by program type ranked, school of graduation and location of residence.
Post Match Process
No action to fill positions remaining unfilled after Phase II is to be taken prior to 12:00 p.m. noon ET on January 29, 2018. Following release of the Match results, unmatched applicants are permitted to seek positions and programs are permitted to fill positions that remain available independent of the Match.
When the results are released, unmatched applicants will have access to a List of Programs with Available Positions after the Match. Programs that participated in the Match will be able to log in to the NMS Match System to update information shown on the list, including institution contact information and the number of positions available in each program (see instructions below). Programs will also have access to information on non-matched students.
Instructions for Updating the List of Programs with Available Positions
Programs must log in to the NMS Match System in order to update their contact information or the number of positions shown on the List of Programs with Available Positions.
Initially, only programs that were left with unfilled positions and did not indicate that they wanted to be excluded will be shown on the list. All programs that were active in Phase I of the Match are able to update their information on available positions. Programs that did not register, or that registered but withdrew from the Match, are not able to update their information.
Updating the list: Programs will be able to update their contact information and the number of positions available.
- Contact information should be updated from the Profile section. Changes to contact information will apply only to the List of Programs with Available Positions, and will not be reflected permanently in NMS records. Permanent changes to contact information after the Rank Order List deadline must be submitted to NMS in writing, not through the NMS Match System.
- Programs can increase or decrease the number of available post-Match positions in a program from the Program Dashboard. Programs can be added to the List by setting the number of available post-Match positions to a number greater than zero, or removed from the List by setting the number of available positions to zero.
- Updates will not appear in real time, but the List will be updated frequently to ensure that the information provided to applicants seeking positions remains up-to-date.
The system will close for updates on April 15, 2018.
Fees for Adding Positions
Each program that registers for the Match is charged a fee that varies depending on the number of positions offered, as specified in the Institution Agreement. Any position that was not offered in the Match but is added to a program to be displayed in the List of Programs with Available Positions will be included in the total number of positions offered by the program for purposes of calculating the Match fee for the program.
For example, suppose a program initially offers 3 positions in the Match. If the program fills all the positions in the Match, the program will not be included initially on the List of Programs with Available Positions. If the program then adds another position after the Match, the program will be added to the List of Programs with Available Positions, and the fees charged to the program for the 2018-19 Match will be based on a total of 4 positions offered.
There will be no additional charge to for updating their contact information or removing positions from the List of Programs with Available Positions.