National Matching Services Inc. ("NMS", "we", "us", "our") provides application and matching services for the Central Application Service and Matching Program for Podiatric Residencies ("CASPR" or "the Match").
CASPR collects and distributes application information and places applicants into podiatric medical residency positions. CASPR participants include programs offering positions in the Match, applicants seeking positions, reference writers, and representatives from colleges of podiatric medicine.
The CASPR Websites (natmatch.com/caspr, caspr.matchprogram.org), including all pages, sub-pages, and successor pages (collectively referred to as the "Website") provide information about CASPR and tools for participants to access, view and manage the information they submit to CASPR.
CASPR is sponsored and supervised by the American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine (AACPM) (herein referred to as the "Sponsoring Organization"). NMS administers CASPR and processes your information on behalf of and under contract with the Sponsoring Organization.
The Sponsoring Organization retains sole ownership of and proprietary rights to all information that you provide to NMS for purposes of administering or supporting CASPR. Other than as is used to administer or support CASPR, or as ordered by a court of law, NMS will not disclose or make use of any information you provide to NMS without first obtaining explicit consent from the Sponsoring Organization.
Collection of Your Information
If you access the CASPR Website, register or set up an account on the Website, or use the CASPR Website as a registered participant, NMS will collect information directly from you. NMS may also collect information about you from the Sponsoring Organization, or other organizations with an interest in CASPR as approved by the Sponsoring Organization. The information collected is used to administer and support CASPR.
- For residencies and programs, the information collected by NMS includes, but is not limited to: IP address and times of your visits to the CASPR Website; program name; code number; password; security questions and answers; address; program director name; phone number; fax number; email address; programs and positions offered in CASPR; application deadline date; reason for withdrawal, if any; name, phone number and email of program personnel, if any; application information for applicants who applied to the program, the dates those applications were submitted, received and distributed; evaluations, ratings, tags, and comments of applicants and applications; interview events, dates, invitations, rejections, and schedules; Rank Order List(s), date of entry, updates, and certification; information on applicants matched to the program; and logs of the actions you take on the Website.
- For applicants, the information collected by NMS includes, but is not limited to: IP address and times of your visits to the Match Website; name; code number; password; security questions and answers; address; phone numbers; email address; day of birth; race/ethnicity; academic history; professional accomplishments; CMS ID; APMLE scores, attempts and results; year of graduation; grade point average; class rank; CVs, transcript, clinicals, personal statements, and other documents uploaded by the applicant or on the applicant's behalf; contact information of chosen reference writers, labels assigned to reference letters, and uploaded reference letters; list of programs which have been selected for applications; ratings, tags, and comments on the applications submitted to selected programs; date the applications were submitted; interview invitations, rejections, bookings, and schedule; Rank Order List, date of entry, updates, and certification; program to which applicant is matched (if any); credit card payment verification information; cheque information; name and code number of partner, if applicant is participating in the Match as a couple; and logs of the actions you take on the Website.
- For colleges of podiatric medicine, the information collected by NMS includes, but is not limited to: IP address and times of your visits to the Match Website; name of school or college; name and contact information for the college representative; password; security questions and answers; information on applicants who have graduated and or will graduate from the school; GPA, Class Rank, transcript, clinicals, and dean's letter provided by the college for each applicant; the results obtained by each applicant from the school and logs of the actions you take on the Website.
- For Reference Writers, the information collected by NMS includes, but is not limited to: IP address and time of your visit to the CASPR Website; name; password; security questions and answers; email address; list of applicants who have requested reference letters from the reference writer; any documents uploaded to the system; and logs of the actions you take on the Website.
- Sometimes NMS surveys CASPR participants. If you agree to complete the survey, your responses and answers to the survey questions are collected.
- When you call or email NMS with a comment or question, we will collect this information to enable NMS to respond to your comment or question and to monitor or improve our services. We may ask for your information in order to respond to your comment or question.
- Sometimes NMS asks for information that you are not required to provide but may provide if you wish. For example, we may request certain information to identify you as a unique CASPR participant.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide is truthful, complete, and correct. NMS and the Sponsoring Organization reserve the right to verify any information provided as part of your participation in the CASPR. If any information you provide is determined to be false, misleading, or if you conceal or withhold requested information, your participation may be denied and/or your CASPR result may be revoked. The determination of whether the information you provide is false or whether you have concealed or withheld information may be shared with Match participants and/or other interested parties.
Use of Your Information
Your information may be used in the following ways:
- NMS uses your information to provide identify you as a unique CASPR participant, to verify payments, to assemble and distribute applications and application information, to schedule interviews, to collect and confirm ranking information, to withdraw you from CASPR, to execute the matching process, to report results, to communicate with you by email and/or phone, and to provide you with support.
- Your information may be used by NMS, the Sponsoring Organization or a third-party authorized by the Sponsoring Organization to create aggregate, non-personally identifiable statistics for use by the public, by the Sponsoring Organization, or by CASPR participants for performance, policy, development, and other research purposes.
- NMS may use your information to resolve issues raised by interested parties that are related to the accuracy, quality, security, comprehensiveness, and performance of the Match.
- NMS may survey CASPR participants. Your information is used to contact you to advise you of the survey. If you agree to complete the survey, your information is used only to process the survey responses.
Disclosure of Your Information
Your information may be disclosed in the following ways:
- NMS may disclose all of your information to the Sponsoring Organization. The Sponsoring Organization may use or share the information for research, marketing, commercial, or other business purposes, whether conducted by the Sponsoring Organization or a third-party authorized by the Sponsoring Organization.
- NMS may disclose your information in aggregated statistics for use by the public, by the Sponsoring Organization and by CASPR participants for performance, policy, development and other research purposes.
- NMS may disclose program contact information on a publicly accessible section of the CASPR website.
- NMS may disclose to applicants information, including name, contact information, and program offerings for all residencies participating in CASPR.
- NMS may disclose to programs the name, code number, email, participation status, podiatric medical college of graduation and graduation date for applicants participating in CASPR; the application information submitted by an applicant to the program; the names, uploaded content, and status of the reference writers asked to submit references to the program; official APMLE Board examination result data for applicants; the dates which the applicant has scheduled for interviews; the name, code number and emails of applicants that matched to a program; information on programs that have positions available; contact information and the program types ranked by applicants who registered for CASPR but were not matched.
- NMS may disclose to applicants the residency and program to which they have been matched.
- NMS may disclose on a publicly accessible section of the Website contact and program information of residencies with positions that remain unfilled after the Match.
- NMS will disclose to colleges the name, code number, year of graduation, and email address of applicants who graduated or will graduate from the school; the applicant's participation status; the status of an applicant's application; the number of applications submitted by an applicant; the number of rankings submitted by an applicant; the Rank Order List status for the applicant; aggregate statistics on the outcome of applicants in CASPR; and the Match result obtained by each applicant from the college that registered for CASPR.
- NMS may disclose your information to third parties as requested by the Sponsoring Organization.
- NMS may disclose your information to regulatory authorities, law enforcement or other persons, as authorized or required by law.
- NMS reserves the right to disclose your information to interested parties, at our sole discretion, if we deem it to be in the best interest of supporting or administering CASPR.
How to Contact Us
For more information about our privacy practices, or to report a complaint, contact NMS by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; by phone at (416) 977-3431; or in writing to National Matching Services Inc., 301-20 Holly St, Toronto ON M4S 3B1.
Last updated: November 15, 2022