National Matching Services Inc. ("NMS", "we", "us", "our") provides application and matching services for the Breast Surgical Oncology Fellowship Match (the "Match" or "SSO Breast Match").
The SSO Breast Match collects and distributes application information and places applicants into breast surgical oncology fellowship training positions. Match participants include programs offering positions in the Match, applicants seeking positions in the Match, and reference writers.
The Match Websites (natmatch.com/ssobreast, ssobreast.matchprogram.org), including all pages, sub-pages, and successor pages (collectively referred to as the "Website") provide information about the Match and tools for participants to access, view and manage the information they submit to the Match.
The Match is sponsored and supervised by the Society of Surgical Oncology (SSO) (herein referred to as the "Sponsoring Organization"). NMS administers the Match and processes your information on behalf of and under contract with the SSO.
The Sponsoring Organization retains sole ownership of and proprietary rights to all information that you provide to NMS for purposes of administering or supporting the Match. Other than as is used to administer or support the Match, or as ordered by a court of law, NMS will not disclose or make use of any information you provide to NMS without first obtaining explicit consent from the Sponsoring Organization.
Collection of Your Information
If you start the process of registering on the Match Website (e.g., set up an account), register on the Website, or use the Match Website as a registered participant, NMS will collect information directly from you. NMS may also collect information about you from the Sponsoring Organization, or other organizations with an interest in the Match as approved by the Sponsoring Organization. The information collected is used to administer and support the Match.
- For fellowship programs, the information collected by NMS includes, but is not limited to: IP address and times of your visits to the Match Website; program name; code number; password; security questions and answers; address; approval status; program director name; phone number; fax number; e-mail address; tracks offered in the Match; application deadline date; positions available for each track offered; reason for withdrawal, if any; application information for applicants who applied to each track and the dates those applications were submitted, received and distributed; evaluations of applications, including ratings, tags, and comments; Rank Order List(s), date of entry, updates, and certification; information on applicants matched to each track; and logs of the actions you take on the Website.
- For applicants, the information collected by NMS includes, but is not limited to: IP address and times of your visits to the Match Website; name; code number; password; security questions and answers; address; phone numbers; e-mail address; a photo; date of birth; US citizenship status; academic history and exam scores; post-graduate employment information; honors and awards; hobbies and interests; professional information including US license information; liability or discipline claim information; and other uploaded documents including CVs, personal statements, and exam scores; contact information of chosen reference writers, labels assigned to reference letters, uploaded reference letters; list of programs which have been selected for applications; ratings, tags, and comments on the applications submitted to selected programs; date the applications were submitted; Rank Order List, date of entry, updates, and certification; program to which applicant is matched (if any); credit card payment verification information; cheque information; and logs of the actions you take on the Website.
- For reference writers, the information collected by NMS includes, but is not limited to: IP address and time of your visit to the Match Website; name; password; security questions and answers; e-mail address; list of applicants who have requested reference letters from the reference writer; any documents uploaded to the system; and logs of the actions you take on the Website.
- Sometimes NMS surveys Match participants. If you agree to complete the survey, your responses and answers to the survey questions are collected.
- When you call or e-mail NMS with a comment or question, we will collect this information to enable NMS to respond to your comment or question and to monitor or improve our services. We may ask for your information in order to respond to your comment or question.
- Sometimes NMS asks for information that you are not required to provide but may provide if you wish. For example, we may request certain information to identify you as a unique Match participant.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide is truthful, complete, and correct. NMS and the Sponsoring Organization reserve the right to verify any information provided as part of your participation in the Match. If any information you provide is determined to be false, misleading, or if you conceal or withhold requested information, your participation may be denied and/or your Match result may be revoked. The determination of whether the information you provide is false or whether you have concealed or withheld information may be shared with Match participants and/or other interested parties.
Use of Your Information
Your information may be used in the following ways:
- NMS uses your information to identify you as a unique Match participant, to verify payment for the Match, to assemble and distribute applications and application information, to enter and confirm ranking information, to withdraw you from the Match, to execute the Match, to communicate with you by e-mail and/or phone, to provide you with support, and to report results.
- Your information may be used by NMS, the Sponsoring Organization or a third-party authorized by the Sponsoring Organization to create aggregate, non-personally identifiable statistics for use by the public, by the Sponsoring Organization, or by Match participants for performance, policy, development, and other research purposes
- NMS may use your information to resolve issues raised by interested parties that are related to the accuracy, quality, security, comprehensiveness, and performance of the Match.
- NMS may survey Match participants. Your information is used to contact you to advise you of the survey. If you agree to complete the survey, your information is used only to process the survey responses
Disclosure of Your Information
Your information may be disclosed in the following ways:
- NMS may disclose all of your information to the Sponsoring Organization. The Sponsoring Organization may use or share the information for research, marketing, commercial, or other business purposes, whether conducted by the Sponsoring Organization or a third-party authorized by the Sponsoring Organization.
- NMS may disclose program contact information on a publicly accessible section of the Match website.
- NMS may disclose to applicants information including name, contact information, track offerings, and status for all programs and tracks participating in the Match.
- NMS may disclose to programs information including name, code number, participation status of all applicants; the application information submitted by an applicant to the program; the name and code number of applicants that matched to a program; information on programs that have positions available after the Match; contact information and the programs ranked by applicants who registered for the Match but were not matched.
- NMS may disclose to applicants the program to which they have been matched.
- NMS may disclose to programs, the names, uploaded content, and status of the reference writers asked to submit references to the program.
- NMS may disclose on a publicly accessible section of the Website contact and program information of programs with positions that remain unfilled after the Match.
- NMS may disclose your information to third parties as requested by the Sponsoring Organization.
- NMS may disclose your information to regulatory authorities, law enforcement or other persons, as authorized or required by law.
- NMS reserves the right to disclose your information to interested parties, at our sole discretion, if we deem it to be in the best interest of supporting or administering the application or matching services
How to Contact Us
For more information about our privacy practices, or to report a complaint, contact NMS by e-mail at email@example.com; by phone at (416) 977-3431; or in writing to National Matching Services Inc., 301-20 Holly St, Toronto ON M4S 3B1.
Last updated: December 11, 2020