You are strongly encouraged to read the National Matching Services Inc. (NMS) Privacy Statement (natmatch.com/terms/privacy.html)) as it describes privacy policies and procedures that are applicable for this Match.
National Matching Services Inc. (NMS) administers matching services for the APPIC Internship Matching program (the “Match”). The Match is sponsored and supervised by the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers (APPIC) herein referred to as the Sponsoring Organization of the Match.
The Match places applicants into psychology internship positions at training sites in the United States and Canada.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the Personal Information you provide is truthful, complete and correct. NMS and the Sponsoring Organization reserve the right to verify any information provided as part of your participation in the Match. If any information you provide is determined to be false or misleading, concealed or withheld your participation may be denied and/or your Match result may be revoked. The determination of whether the Personal Information you provide is false or whether you have concealed or withheld information may be shared with Match participants and/or other interested parties.
NMS retains current and historical records of your Personal Information for the purposes of determining eligibility for future Matches and/or for reporting results. The Sponsoring Organization retains sole ownership of and proprietary rights to all non-anonymous Personal Information that is submitted to NMS for purposes of administering or supporting the matching services.
NMS maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of your Personal Information. NMS will maintain the confidentiality of all Personal Information it collects in connection with your participation in the Match and will disclose such Personal Information only for the purposes described in this Notice. NMS stores electronic and other records off-site as part of its disaster recovery procedures.
You are solely responsible for keeping your NMS log-in information and other registration information confidential and secure. Please notify NMS immediately if you suspect any unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Collection of Personal Information
- NMS collects your Personal Information used to administer and support matching services.
- When you call or e-mail NMS with a comment or question you may be asked for Personal Information to enable NMS to respond to your comment or inquiry. We may retain this Personal Information to assist you in the future or to monitor or improve our services.
- For programs, the Personal Information collected by NMS includes, but is not limited to: program name; program code number; password; address; APA and CPA accreditation status; APPIC membership status; training director name; phone number; fax number; e-mail address; programs offered in the Match; Match quotas for each program offered; names, code numbers and ranking of applicants; names, code numbers and rankings of applicants matched to each program; credit card payment verification information; and cheque information.
- For applicants, the Personal Information collected by NMS includes, but is not limited to: name; code number; password; name and type of academic program; degree; name of Director of Clinical Training; address; phone number; e-mail address; day and month of birth; name, code number, and ranking of programs; program to which applicant is matched (if any); credit card payment verification information; cheque information; name and code number of partner, if applicant is participating in the Match as part of a couple.
- For APPIC Associates, the Personal Information collected by NMS includes, but is not limited to: name of school or university; program type; faculty member name; password; e-mail address; phone and fax numbers; and APPIC Associate number.
- Sometimes NMS asks for Personal Information that you are not required to provide, but may provide if you wish. For example, we may request certain Personal Information for the purposes of uniquely identifying you as a Match participant.
Use of Personal Information
- NMS uses your Personal Information to identify you as a unique Match participant, to verify payment for the Match, to enter and confirm ranking information, to withdraw you from the Match, to execute the Match and to report results.
- NMS uses your Personal Information to create aggregate, non-personally identifiable statistics for use by the public, by the Sponsoring Organization and by Match participants for performance, policy, development and other research purposes.
- NMS may use your Personal Information for surveys and other research performed on behalf of the Sponsoring Organization.
- NMS may use your Personal Information to resolve issues raised by interested parties that are related to the accuracy, quality, security, comprehensiveness and performance of the matching service(s) used by the Sponsoring Organization.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- NMS will disclose Personal Information about you as requested by the Sponsoring Organization.
- NMS discloses a list of programs participating in the Match on a publicly available section of the web site.
- NMS discloses a list of APPIC members not participating in the Match to the Sponsoring Organization.
- NMS will disclose to programs the name and code number of applicants participating in the Match; the applicants' school; information on applicants who participated in the Match but were not matched; and results of ranked applicants.
- NMS will disclose to applicants the name and code number of the program to which they have been matched and information on positions that remain unfilled after Phase I of the Match.
- NMS will disclose to APPIC Associates the Match results of applicants who are from those Associate programs and registered for the Match, and information on positions that remain available after Phase I of the Match.
- NMS may disclose your Personal Information to regulatory authorities, law enforcement or other persons, as authorized or required by law.
- NMS reserves the right to disclose your Personal Information to other interested parties, at our sole discretion, if we deem it to be in the best interest of supporting or administering the matching services.
How to Contact Us
For more information about the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information by NMS, contact NMS by e-mail at email@example.com; by phone at (416) 977-3431; or in writing at 20 Holly St, Suite 301, Toronto ON, M4S 3B1.
Last updated: April, 2017