National Matching Services Inc. ("NMS", "we", "us", "our") provides matching services for the APPIC Internship Matching Program (the "Match").
The Match places applicants into psychology internship positions at training sites in the United States and Canada. Match participants include training sites, internships, and programs offering positions in the Match, applicants seeking positions in the Match, and doctoral programs whose students are eligible to participate in the Match.
The Match Websites (natmatch.com/psychint, psychint.matchprogram.org), including all pages, sub-pages, and successor pages (collectively referred to as the "Match Website") provide information about the Match and tools for participants to access, view and manage the information they submit to the Match.
The Match is sponsored and supervised by the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers (APPIC) (herein referred to as the "Sponsoring Organization" of the Match).
The Sponsoring Organization retains sole ownership of and proprietary rights to information submitted to NMS by Match participants. Other than as is used to administer or support the Match, or as ordered by a court of law, NMS will not disclose or make use of any information you provide to NMS without first obtaining explicit consent from the Sponsoring Organization.
Collection of Your Information
If you start the process of registering (e.g., to participate in a Match), register, or use the Match Website as a registered participant, NMS will collect information directly from you. NMS may also collect information about you from the Sponsoring Organization, or other organizations with an interest in the Match as approved by the Sponsoring Organization (e.g., an accrediting body, the AAPI application service). The information collected is used to administer and support the Match.
- For training sites, internships, and programs, the information collected by NMS includes, but is not limited to: IP address and time of your visit to the Match Website; site and internship name; program code number; password; security questions and answers; address; APA and CPA accreditation status; APPIC membership status; training director name; phone number; fax number; e-mail address; programs offered in the Match; quotas for each program offered; reason for withdrawal, if any; Rank Order List(s); names, code numbers and rankings of applicants matched to each program; credit card payment verification information; and cheque information.
- For applicants, the information collected by NMS includes, but is not limited to: IP address and time of your visit to the Match Website; name; code number; password; security questions and answers; information about their doctoral program and degree; name of Director of Clinical Training; address; phone numbers; e-mail address; day and month of birth; Rank Order List; program to which applicant is matched (if any); credit card payment verification information; cheque information; name and code number of partner, if applicant is participating in the Match as part of a couple.
- For doctoral programs, the information collected by NMS includes, but is not limited to: IP address and time of your visit to the Match Website; name of school or university; program type; name of Director of Clinical Training; password; password; security questions and answers; phone and fax numbers; APPIC Doctoral Program Associate number; information and results of applicants registered for the Match that indicated they are from the doctoral program.
- Sometimes NMS surveys Match participants. If you agree to complete the survey, your responses and answers to the survey questions are collected.
- When you call or e-mail NMS with a comment or question, we will collect this information to enable NMS to respond to your comment or question and to monitor or improve our services. We may ask for your information in order to respond to your comment or question.
- Sometimes NMS asks for information that you are not required to provide but may provide if you wish. For example, we may request certain information to uniquely identify you as a Match participant.
Use of Your Information
Your information may be used in the following ways:
- NMS uses your information to identify you as a unique Match participant, to verify payment for the Match, to enter and confirm ranking information, to withdraw you from the Match, to execute the Match, to communicate with you by email and/or phone, to provide you with support, and to report results.
- NMS uses your information to create aggregate, non-personally identifiable statistics for use by the public, by the Sponsoring Organization and by Match participants for performance, policy, development and other research purposes.
- NMS may use your information to resolve issues raised by interested parties that are related to the accuracy, quality, security, comprehensiveness, and performance of the Match.
- NMS may survey Match participants. Your information is used to contact you to advise you of the survey. If you agree to complete the survey, your information is used only to process the survey responses.
Disclosure of Your Information
Your information may be disclosed in the following ways:
- NMS may disclose all of your information to the Sponsoring Organization. The Sponsoring Organization may use the information for research, marketing, commercial or other business purposes.
- NMS may disclose a list of APPIC members that are not participating in the Match to the Sponsoring Organization.
- NMS may disclose program contact information on a publicly accessible section of the Match website.
- NMS may disclose to training sites the name, code number, participation status, and doctoral program information of applicants participating in the Match; the name and code number of applicants that matched to the program; contact information of applicants who participated in the Match but were not matched, and the result obtained by applicants who were ranked by the program.
- NMS may disclose to applicants information, including name, contact information, and program offerings on all internships participating in the Match.
- NMS may disclose information (including contact information) of programs with positions that remain unfilled after the Match.
- NMS may disclose to doctoral programs the name, contact information, Match participation status, and Match result for each applicant from that doctoral program.
- NMS may disclose your information to third parties as requested by the Sponsoring Organization.
- NMS may disclose your information to regulatory authorities, law enforcement or other persons, as authorized or required by law.
- NMS reserves the right to disclose your information to interested parties, at our sole discretion, if we deem it to be in the best interest of supporting or administering the matching services.
How to Contact Us
For more information about our privacy practices, or to report a complaint, contact NMS by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org; by phone at (416) 977-3431; or in writing to National Matching Services Inc., 301-20 Holly St, Toronto ON M4S 3B1.
Last updated: May 14, 2018