You are strongly encouraged to read the National Matching Services Inc. (NMS) Privacy Statement (natmatch.com/terms/privacy.html) as it describes Privacy policies and procedures that are applicable for this Match
National Matching Services Inc. (NMS) administers matching services for the Optometry Residency Match (ORMatch). ORMatch is sponsored and supervised by the Association of schools and Colleges of Optometry (ASCO) herein referred to as the Sponsoring Organization of ORMatch.
ORMatch is an application service and matching program that places applicants into optometry residency positions.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the Personal Information you provide is truthful, complete and correct. NMS and the Sponsoring Organization reserve the right to verify any information provided as part of your participation in ORMatch. If any information you provide is determined to be false or misleading, concealed or withheld your participation may be denied and/or ORMatch result may be revoked. The determination of whether the Personal Information you provide is false or whether you have concealed or withheld information may be shared with ORMatch participants and/or other interested parties.
NMS retains current and historical records of your Personal Information for the purposes of determining eligibility for future matches and/or for reporting results. The Sponsoring Organization retains sole ownership of and proprietary rights to all non-anonymous Personal Information that is submitted to NMS for purposes of administering or supporting the application and matching services.
NMS maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of your Personal Information. NMS will maintain the confidentiality of all Personal Information it collects in connection with your participation in ORMatch and will disclose such Personal Information only for the purposes described in this Notice. NMS stores electronic and other records off-site as part of its disaster recovery procedures.
You are solely responsible for keeping your NMS user identification, log in information and other information confidential and secure. Please notify NMS immediately if you suspect any unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Collection of Personal information
- NMS collects your Personal Information used to administer and support the application and matching services.
- When you call or e-mail NMS with a comment or question you may be asked for Personal Information to enable NMS to respond to your comment or inquiry. We may retain this Personal Information to assist you in the future or to monitor or improve our services.
- For programs, the Personal Information collected by NMS includes, but is not limited to: program name; code number; password; address; affiliated school or college; ACOE accreditation status; program coordinator name; phone number; fax number; e-mail address; programs offered in the Match; application deadline date; Match quotas for each program offered; names, code numbers, and rankings of applicants; names, code numbers, and ranking of applicants matched to each program; names, code numbers and application information for applicants who applied to each program and the dates those applications were submitted, received and distributed; names and code numbers of applicants matched to each program.
- For applicants, the Personal Information collected by NMS includes, but is not limited to: name; code number; password; address; phone number; e-mail address; date of birth; gender (optional); US Citizenship status; educational information including National Board of Optometry (NBEO) OE Tracker Number, Part I, Part II, Part III, Injection Skill Exam and Treatment and Management of Ocular Disease Score; optometry school of graduation; year of graduation; grade point average; undergraduate major; name, code number of programs which are sent or are pending to be sent applications, as well as the date the applications were submitted; name, code number, and ranking of programs; program to which applicant is matched (if any); credit card payment verification information; cheque information; name and code number of partner, if applicant is participating in the Match as a couple.
- For schools and colleges of optometry, the Personal Information collected by NMS includes, but is not limited to: name of school or college; lists programs affiliated with the school or college; contact name and contact information; password; and code number.
- Sometimes NMS or ASCO undertakes a survey of ORMatch participants. Your Personal Information is used to contact you to advise you of the survey. If you agree to complete the survey, your Personal Information is used only to process the survey responses. The information obtained from the survey is used only in aggregate and non-identifiable form.
- Sometimes NMS asks for Personal Information that you are not required to provide, but may provide if you wish. For example, we may request certain Personal Information for the purposes of uniquely identifying you as an ORMatch participant.
Use of Personal Information
- NMS uses your Personal Information to identify you as a unique ORMatch participant, to verify payment for ORMatch, to distribute your applications to the programs that you designate, to obtain and distribute your official Score Report Data from the NBEO, to enter and confirm ranking information, to withdraw you from ORMatch, to execute the Match and to report results.
- NMS uses your Personal Information to create aggregate, non-personally identifiable statistics for use by the public, by the Sponsoring Organization and by ORMatch participants for performance, policy, development and other research purposes. These statistics are available at www.natmatch.com/ormatch.
- NMS may use your Personal Information to resolve issues raised by interested parties that are related to the accuracy, quality, security, comprehensiveness and performance of the application and matching service(s) used by ASCO.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- NMS discloses a list of programs participating in ORMatch on a publicly available section of the web site.
- NMS will disclose to programs the name and code number of applicants participating in ORMatch; the name, code number and e-mail address of applicants who have applied to the programs; the application information submitted by the applicant to the program; official NBEO Score Report data for applicants to the program; the name and code number of applicants that have matched and where they have matched; information on programs who have positions available after the Match; and information on applicants who participated in the Match but were not matched.
- NMS will disclose to applicants the name and code number of the program to which they have been matched and information on positions that remain unfilled after the Match.
- NMS will disclose to schools and colleges the name, code number and e-mail address of applicants who applied to their affiliated programs; the application information submitted by the applicant to their affiliated programs; the Match results obtained by each of their affiliated programs; the Match results obtained by each of their graduates; the Match result obtained by each applicant that is matched to a program; and aggregate, non-identifiable statistics on the results of their affiliated programs in ORMatch.
- NMS will disclose to the VA Director of Optometric Service, code number and e-mail address of applicants who applied to VA affiliated programs; the application information submitted by the applicant to VA affiliated programs; the Match results obtained by each affiliated VA programs; the Match result obtained by each applicant that is matched to a program; and aggregate, non-identifiable statistics on the results of VA affiliated programs in ORMatch.
- NMS will disclose Personal Information about you as requested by the Sponsoring Organization.
- NMS may disclose your Personal Information to regulatory authorities, law enforcement or other persons, as authorized or required by law.
- NMS reserves the right to disclose your Personal Information to interested parties, at our sole discretion, if we deem it to be in the best interest of supporting or administering the application or matching services.
How to Contact Us
For more information about the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information by NMS, contact NMS by e-mail at email@example.com; by phone at (416) 977-3431; or in writing at 20 Holly St, Suite 301, Toronto ON, M4S 3B1.
Last updated: November, 2017