National Matching Services Inc. ("NMS", "we", "us", "our") provides matching services for the Genetic Counseling Admissions Match (the "Match").
The Match places applicants into positions for the first year of training in masters-level genetic counseling programs. Match participants include universities, schools, and programs offering positions in the Match and applicants seeking those positions.
The Match Websites (natmatch.com/gcadmissions, gcadmissions.matchprogram.org), including all pages, sub-pages, and successor pages (collectively referred to as the "Website") provide information about the Match and tools for participants to access, view and manage the information they submit to the Match.
The Match is sponsored and supervised by the Association of Genetic Counseling Program Directors (AGCPD) (herein referred to as the "Sponsoring Organization"). NMS administers the Match and processes your information on behalf of and under contract with the AGCPD.
The Sponsoring Organization retains sole ownership of and proprietary rights to all information that you provide to NMS for purposes of administering or supporting the Match. Other than as is used to administer or support the Match, or as ordered by a court of law, NMS will not disclose or make use of any information you provide to NMS without first obtaining explicit consent from the Sponsoring Organization.
Collection of Your Information
If you start the process of registering on the Match Website (e.g., to participate in a Match), register on the Website, or use the Match Website as a registered participant, NMS will collect information directly from you. NMS may also collect information about you from the Sponsoring Organization, or other organizations with an interest in the Match as approved by the Sponsoring Organization (e.g., the Accreditation Council for Genetic Counseling). The information collected is used to administer and support the Match.
- For programs, the information collected by NMS includes, but is not limited to: IP address and time of your visit to the Match Website, program name; program and track code numbers; password; security questions and answers; address; accreditation information, including non-public information related to that matriculation of students; AGCPD membership status, program director name; phone number; fax number; e-mail address; tracks offered in the Match; reason for withdrawal, if any; quotas for each track offered; Rank Order List(s); and information on applicants matched to each track.
- For applicants, the information collected by NMS includes, but is not limited to: IP address and time of your visit to the Match Website; name; code number; password; security questions and answers; gender; ethnicity; permanent state; GRE scores; undergraduate GPA; undergraduate major(s); undergraduate institution name; undergraduate degree; date of undergraduate graduation; graduate GPA; graduate major(s); graduate institution name; graduate degree; Rank Order List; information on the program and track to which you are matched (if any); credit card payment verification information; cheque information (if any).
- Sometimes NMS surveys Match participants. If you agree to complete the survey, your responses and answers to the survey questions are collected.
- When you call or e-mail NMS with a comment or question, we will collect this information to enable NMS to respond to your comment or question and to monitor or improve our services. We may ask for your information in order to respond to your comment or question.
- Sometimes NMS asks for information that you are not required to provide but may provide if you wish. For example, we may request certain information to uniquely identify you as a Match participant.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide is truthful, complete and correct. NMS and the Sponsoring Organization reserve the right to verify any information provided as part of your participation in the Match. If any information you provide is determined to be false or misleading, concealed or withheld your participation may be denied and/or your Match result may be revoked. The determination of whether the information you provide is false or whether you have concealed or withheld information may be shared with Match participants and/or other interested parties.
Use of Your Information
Your information may be used in the following ways:
- NMS uses your information to identify you as a unique Match participant, to verify payment for the Match, to enter and confirm ranking information, to withdraw you from the Match, to execute the Match, to communicate with you by email and/or phone, to provide you with support, and to report results.
- NMS uses your information to create aggregate, non-personally identifiable statistics for use by the public, by the Sponsoring Organization and by Match participants for performance, policy, development and other research purposes.
- NMS may use your information to resolve issues raised by interested parties that are related to the accuracy, quality, security, comprehensiveness, and performance of the Match.
- NMS may survey Match participants. Your information is used to contact you to advise you of the survey. If you agree to complete the survey, your information is used only to process the survey responses.
Disclosure of Your Information
Your information may be disclosed in the following ways:
- NMS may disclose all of your information to the Sponsoring Organization. The Sponsoring Organization may use the information for research, marketing, commercial or other business purposes.
- NMS may disclose your information in aggregated statistics for use by the public, by the Sponsoring Organization and by Match participants for performance, policy, development and other research purposes.
- NMS may disclose a list of AGCPD members that are not participating in the Match to the Sponsoring Organization.
- NMS may disclose program contact information on a publicly accessible section of the Match website.
- NMS may disclose to programs the name, code number, participation status, undergraduate school, and graduation date of applicants participating in the Match; the name and code number of applicants that matched to the program; the Match result obtained by each applicant; contact information, Match Participation status, and Ranked Status for all applicants who registered for the Match but were not matched.
- NMS may disclose to applicants information, including name, contact information, and track offerings for all programs participating in the Match.
- NMS may also disclose to applicants the program and track to which they have been matched.
- NMS may disclose to applicants contact and track information of programs with positions that remain unfilled after the Match.
- NMS may disclose your information to third parties as requested by the Sponsoring Organization.
- NMS may disclose your information to regulatory authorities, law enforcement or other persons, as authorized or required by law.
- NMS reserves the right to disclose your information to interested parties, at our sole discretion, if we deem it to be in the best interest of supporting or administering the matching services.
How to Contact Us
For more information about our privacy practices, or to report a complaint, contact NMS by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org; by phone at (416) 977-3431; or in writing to National Matching Services Inc., 301-20 Holly St, Toronto ON M4S 3B1.
Last updated: September 30, 2021