You are strongly encouraged to read the National Matching Services Inc. (NMS) Privacy Statement (natmatch.com/terms/privacy.html) as it describes privacy policies and procedures that are applicable for this Match.
National Matching Services Inc. (NMS) administers matching services for the Postdoctoral Dental Matching program (the “Match”) on behalf the Sponsoring Organizations (“Sponsoring Organizations”) of the Match. The Match places applicant into positions for the first year of training in postdoctoral dental education programs.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the Personal Information you provide is truthful, complete and correct. NMS and the Sponsoring Organizations reserve the right to verify any information provided as part of your participation in the Match. If any information you provide is determined to be false or misleading, concealed or withheld your participation may be denied and/or your Match result may be revoked. The determination of whether the Personal Information you provide is false or whether you have concealed or withheld information may be shared with Match participants and/or other interested parties.
NMS retains current and historical records of your Personal Information for the purposes of determining eligibility for future matches and/or for reporting results.
NMS maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of your Personal Information. NMS will maintain the confidentiality of all Personal Information it collects in connection with your participation in the Match and will disclose such Personal Information only for the purposes described in this Notice. NMS stores electronic and other records off-site as part of its disaster recovery procedures.
You are solely responsible for keeping your NMS log-in information and other registration information confidential and secure. Please notify NMS immediately if you suspect any unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Collection of Personal Information
- NMS collects your Personal Information used to administer and support matching services.
- When you call or e-mail NMS with a comment or question you may be asked for Personal Information to enable NMS to respond to your comment or inquiry. We may retain this Personal Information to assist you in the future or to monitor or improve our services.
- For programs, the Personal Information collected by NMS includes, but is not limited to: institution name, programs offered in the Match; program code numbers; password; Match quotas for each program offered; program director name; address; phone number; fax number; e-mail address; names, code numbers and rankings of applicants; names, rankings and code numbers of applicants matched to each program; credit card payment verification information; and cheque information.
- For applicants, the Personal Information collected by NMS includes, but is not limited to: name; code number; school; graduation date; DENTPIN; password; address; phone number; e-mail address; name, code number, and ranking of programs; program to which applicant is matched (if any); credit card payment verification information; name and code number of partner, if applicant is participating in the Match as part of a couple.
- Sometimes NMS undertakes a survey of Match participants. Your Personal Information is used to contact you to advise you of the survey. If you agree to complete the survey, your Personal Information is used only to process the survey responses. The information obtained from the survey is used only in aggregate and non-identifiable form.
- Sometimes NMS asks for Personal Information that you are not required to provide, but may provide if you wish. For example, we may request certain Personal Information for the purposes of uniquely identifying you as a participant in the Match.
Use of Personal Information
- NMS uses your Personal Information to identify you as a unique Match participant, to verify payment for the Match, to enter and confirm ranking information, to withdraw you from the Match, to execute the Match and to report results.
- NMS uses your Personal Information to create aggregate, non-personally identifiable statistics for use by the public, by Sponsoring Organizations, by dental schools and by Match participants for performance, policy development and other research purposes. These statistics are available at www.natmatch.com/dentres.
- NMS may use your Personal Information to resolve issues raised by interested parties that are related to the accuracy, quality, security, comprehensiveness and performance of the matching service(s).
Disclosure of Personal Information
- NMS discloses a list of programs participating in the Match on a publicly available section of the web site.
- NMS will disclose to programs the name, code number, school and graduation date of applicants registered for the Match; the name and code number of applicants that have matched and where they have matched; and information on applicants who participated in the Match but were not matched.
- NMS will disclose to applicants the name and code number of the program to which they have been matched and information on positions that remain unfilled after the Match.
- NMS will disclose to dental schools the Match results of registered applicants who graduated from those schools and information on positions that remain available after the Match.
- NMS will disclose Personal Information about you as requested by the Sponsoring Organizations.
- NMS may disclose your Personal Information to regulatory authorities, law enforcement or other persons, as authorized or required by law.
- NMS reserves the right to disclose your Personal Information to interested parties, at our sole discretion, if we deem it to be in the best interest of supporting or administering the matching service(s).
How to Contact Us
For more information about the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information by NMS, contact NMS by e-mail at email@example.com; by phone at (416) 977-3431; or in writing at 20 Holly St, Suite 301, Toronto ON, M4S 3B1.
Last updated: April, 2017