National Matching Services Inc. ("NMS", "we", "us", "our") provides matching services for the Postdoctoral Dental Matching Program (the "Match").
The Match places applicants into the first year of training in postdoctoral dental education programs. Match participants include institutions, residencies and programs offering positions in the Match, applicants seeking positions in the Match, and dental schools whose students are participating in the Match.
The Match Websites (natmatch.com/dentres, dental.matchprogram.org), including all pages, sub-pages, and successor pages (collectively referred to the "Website") provide information about the Match and tools for participants to access, view and manage the information they submit to the Match.
The Match is sponsored and supervised by the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Special Care Dentistry Association, American Association of Orthodontists, American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, American Academy of Periodontology, American College of Prosthodontists, American Society of Dentist Anesthesiologists, American Student Dental Association herein referred to as the "Sponsoring Organization(s)" of the Match.
NMS administers the Match and processes your information on behalf of and under contract with the Sponsoring Organization(s).
Collection of Your Information
If you start the process of registering (e.g., to participate in a Match), register, or use the Match Website as a registered participant, NMS will collect information directly from you. NMS may also collect information about you from the Sponsoring Organization(s), or other organizations with an interest in the Match as approved by the Sponsoring Organization (e.g., the ADEA PASS application service). The information collected is used to administer and support the Match.
- For institutions, residencies and programs, the information collected by NMS includes, but is not limited to: IP address and time of your visit to the Match Website; residency name; residency type; accreditation status; Match code number(s); password; security questions and answers; address; program director name; phone number; fax number; e-mail address; programs offered in the Match; quotas for each program offered; reason for withdrawal, if any; Rank Order List(s); information on applicants matched to each program, if any; credit card payment verification information; and cheque information.
- For applicants, the information collected by NMS includes, but is not limited to: IP address and time of your visit to the Match Website; name; code number; school; graduation date; DENTPIN; password; address; phone numbers; e-mail address; reason for withdrawal, if any; Rank Order List; program to which applicant is matched (if any); credit card payment verification information; name and code number of partner, if applicant is participating in the Match as part of a couple.
- For schools, the information collected by NMS includes, but is not limited to: IP address and time of your visit to the Match Website; contact name; code number; password; security questions and answers; mailing address; phone number; e-mail address; names of applicants registered for the Match that are from the school.
- Sometimes NMS surveys Match participants. If you agree to complete the survey, your responses and answers to the survey questions are collected.
- When you call or e-mail NMS with a comment or question, we will collect this information to enable NMS to respond to your comment or question and to monitor or improve our services. We may ask for your information in order to respond to your comment or question.
- Sometimes NMS asks for information that you are not required to provide but may provide if you wish. For example, we may request certain information for the purposes of uniquely identifying you as a Match participant.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide is truthful, complete and correct. NMS and the Sponsoring Organization(s) reserve the right to verify any information provided as part of your participation in the Match. If any information you provide is determined to be false or misleading, concealed or withheld your participation may be denied and/or your Match result may be revoked. The determination of whether the information you provide is false or whether you have concealed or withheld information may be shared with Match participants and/or other interested parties.
Use of Your Information
Your information may be used in the following ways:
- NMS uses your information to identify you as a unique Match participant, to verify payment for the Match, to enter and confirm ranking information, to withdraw you from the Match, to execute the Match, to communicate with you by email and/or phone, to provide you with support, and to report results.
- NMS uses your information to create aggregate, non-personally identifiable statistics for use by the public, by the Sponsoring Organization(s) and by Match participants for performance, policy, development and other research purposes.
- NMS may use your information to resolve issues raised by interested parties that are related to the accuracy, quality, security, comprehensiveness, and performance of the Match.
- NMS may survey Match participants. Your information is used to contact you to advise you of the survey. If you agree to complete the survey, your information is used only to process the survey responses.
Disclosure of Your Information
Your information may be disclosed in the following ways:
- NMS may disclose all of your information to the Sponsoring Organization(s). The Sponsoring Organization(s) may use the information for research, marketing, commercial or other business purposes.
- NMS may disclose a list of residencies that are not participating in the Match to the Sponsoring Organization(s).
- NMS may disclose program contact information on a publicly accessible section of the Match website.
- NMS may disclose to residencies the name, code number, participation status, Match result, school, and year of graduation of applicants participating in the Match; the name and code number of applicants that matched to the residency; contact information and information on the program types ranked by applicants who participated in the Match but were not matched.
- NMS may disclose to applicants the name, code number, Programs Director, residency, program(s), and location of all programs participating in the Match.
- NMS may disclose to applicants the residency and program to which they have been matched.
- NMS may disclose to applicants, schools, and other interested parties, contact and program information of residencies with positions that remain unfilled after the Match.
- NMS may disclose to schools the name, contact information, Match participation status, and Match result for each applicant from that school.
- NMS may disclose your information to third parties as requested by the Sponsoring Organization(s).
- NMS may disclose your information to regulatory authorities, law enforcement or other persons, as authorized or required by law.
- NMS reserves the right to disclose your information to interested parties, at our sole discretion, if we deem it to be in the best interest of supporting or administering the matching services.
How to Contact Us
For more information about our privacy practices, or to report a complaint, contact NMS by e-mail at email@example.com; by phone at (416) 977-3431; or in writing to National Matching Services Inc., 301-20 Holly St, Toronto ON M4S 3B1.
Last updated: May 14, 2018