Each participating applicant and program must accept the terms of the MedPhys Match Agreements when they register to participate in the MedPhys Match.
|Applicant Agreement||Residency Agreement|
Any Medical Physics residency offering positions that start training between June 1, 2022, and December 31, 2022, may participate in the 2022 MedPhys Match. AAPM and SDAMPP encourage all Medical Physics residency programs that start training on or around July 1 to participate, although programs recruiting for start dates later in the year may also want to participate and seek residents from the larger applicant pool.
Residencies do not need to be accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Physics Education Programs (CAMPEP) in order to participate in the MedPhys Match.
The List of Participating Programs posted on this website will indicate the accreditation status reported by each program that registers for the MedPhys Match. A complete list of accredited residency programs can be found on the CAMPEP website.
Any applicant seeking an appointment in a Medical Physics residency program that participates in the MedPhys Match must register to participate in the MedPhys Match.
Applicants are encouraged to contact individual programs for more information regarding each institution and residency's eligibility requirements.
Rules of Participation
All residency programs and applicants that register to participate in the Medical Physics Matching Program (MedPhys Match) must abide by the Schedule of Dates of the MedPhys Match, and the terms of the Agreements they accepted when they registered for the MedPhys Match.
- Participating programs must offer through the MedPhys Match all positions that, as of the Rank Order List deadline, are known to start training between June 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022. If a program has a preexisting relationship with an individual, such as a postdoctoral fellow, who has already been identified for a position that starts training between June 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022, that position must be offered through the MedPhys Match and the individual must participate in the MedPhys Match.
- Program Directors must notify NMS of any changes in the program(s) or position(s) offered in the MedPhys Match by the Rank Order List deadline, as specified in the Schedule of Dates.
- Prior to the Rank Order List deadline, programs must provide complete and accurate information to all applicants who will be interviewed or ranked concerning the position(s) being offered in the MedPhys Match, including all institution and residency program policies related to eligibility requirements for appointment, compensation for residents and accreditation status of the residency program. Similarly, applicants must provide complete and accurate information to the MedPhys Match and to the programs to which they apply.
- Programs must conduct their recruitment and interviews in compliance with relevant institutional and statutory guidelines, which may include non-discriminatory practices.
- Applicants must conduct themselves in a professional manner in all aspects of the recruitment process, including but not limited to applications, interviews and any participation in online forums or shared information documents.
- Programs may not make an offer of appointment to, or require a commitment from, any applicant prior to the release of the MedPhys Match results. Programs may rank on their Rank Order Lists only those applicants registered in the MedPhys Match.
- Similarly, applicants may not make a commitment to any participating program prior to the release of the MedPhys Match results. Applicants may rank on their Rank Order Lists only those programs participating in the MedPhys Match.
- If a registered applicant chooses not to participate in the MedPhys Match for any reason, then they must submit a withdrawal from the MedPhys Match by the Rank Order List deadline, and not submit a Rank Order List for the MedPhys Match.
Programs and applicants may freely discuss any matter and may express a high level of interest in each other. Communication guidelines are as follows:
- A program may voluntarily inform an applicant as to whether or not it intends to rank the applicant.
- An applicant may voluntarily inform a program as to whether or not the applicant intends to rank the program.
- Neither party (program or applicant) may solicit the intentions for ranking from the other party.
- Neither party may disclose to the other party or solicit from the other party any information regarding the positioning of any applicant or program on a Rank Order List.
Any expression of interest or intention to rank made during the free discussion between a program and an applicant is subject to change based on further considerations by either party. Both the program and the applicant have the right to change their Rank Order Lists at any time prior to the Rank Order List deadline.
- The MedPhys Match results constitute a binding commitment from which neither the applicant nor the program can withdraw without mutual written consent. A program must offer an appointment to each applicant with whom it is matched, and the applicant must accept the offer and attend the program, unless both parties agree in writing to release each other from the MedPhys Match result. A program may not offer a position to an applicant who was matched to another program and is not released by that program.
- Program Directors must send letters of confirmation of the MedPhys Match result to matched applicants within 10 working days of the Match Results Day specified in the Schedule of Dates. Applicants must return the letters of confirmation in accordance with the program's instructions within 10 days of receipt of the letter from the program.
- Violations of the MedPhys Match Agreements or MedPhys Match Rules will be reported to an AAPM oversight committee which will investigate the circumstances of the violation. AAPM may impose penalties on violators, including reporting the violations to other MedPhys Match participants, cancelling or denying memberships, and/or barring the violator from participating in any future MedPhys Match.