Log In to the NMS Match System
You can access the NMS Match System by selecting the Log In button in the top-right corner of the screen.
To log in to the NMS Match System you will need to enter both the email address and password that you previously set up in the system (e.g., when the residency registered for the MedPhys Match).
Account information is not carried over from previous years. Each Program Director will need to set up a new account in the NMS Match System each year.
If you do not know your password, please use the Forgot Password? link provided on the NMS Match System login page and follow the instructions to reset your password.
Update Account Information
You can change your email, password and security questions in the Account section of the NMS Match System.
Ensure your email address is correct as all communications pertaining to the MedPhys Match, including your residency's MedPhys Match results, will be sent to that email address.
- If you are responsible for more than one program, any changes you make to your Account information will apply to all of your programs.
- If you change your email or password, you will have to use the new values the next time you log in to the NMS Match System.
Changes to Residency and Program information should be made in the Profile section.
New/Changed Program Director
If there is a change in Program Director, the following information should be updated in the NMS Match System:
- Account Section: Email address, password, security questions
- Profile Section: Program Director name, phone, fax, mailing address if necessary
If possible, you should work with the former Program Director to update this information. The former Program Director can log in to the system, enter your email address and provide a temporary password for you in the Account section. You can then log in with your email address and the temporary password, and update the password and the rest of the information as required.
If the former Program Director is not available and you do not have access to the login credentials created by the former Program Director, you must send a signed request to NMS, on the residency's letterhead, providing your email address and requesting that NMS update the login information for your residency. The letter can be sent to email@example.com.
Manage Your Program(s)
After you log in to the NMS Match System for a program, you are presented with a Dashboard. The Dashboard shows information describing your program's participation in the MedPhys Match.
Program Directors that have more than one program registered in the Match will be presented with a list of their programs after they log into the system. You must select one program from the list to reach the main Dashboard page for the program.
Switch to the Dashboard of Another Program
If you have more than one program registered for the MedPhys Match, you can use the Switch button at the top of the Dashboard to access the Dashboard of your other program(s) without having to log out of the system.
Change the Number of Positions Offered by a Program
You should ensure that the number of positions to be filled in the MedPhys Match is correct for each program. Programs must offer in the MedPhys Match all positions that start training between June 1, 2022, and December 31, 2022.
To change the number of positions:
- Select the Edit button in the Positions section of the Dashboard
- Select the appropriate number of positions to be filled, and press the Save button
The number of positions offered can be changed in the NMS Match System until the Rank Order List deadline.
Participation Status - Withdraw or Reinstate a Program
The Status section shows the program's participation status in the MedPhys Match. All registered programs that intend to offer positions in the MedPhys Match should have a status of Active.
If the program is no longer offering positions that start between June 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022, it should withdraw from the MedPhys Match prior to the Rank Order List deadline. If you have withdrawn a program but now want that program to participate in the MedPhys Match or offer positions in the Post-Match Process, you can reinstate that program prior to the Rank Order List deadline.
To withdraw a Program:
- Select the Edit button in the Status section of the Dashboard
- Select a reason for withdrawing
- Enter your password and press Submit.
To reinstate a Program:
- Select the Edit button in the Status section of the Dashboard
- Follow the instructions provided on the screen to complete the process.
If your program has positions available but no acceptable applicants to rank, you should certify a Rank Order List with no ranks rather than withdraw the program.
Add a New Program to Your Residency
- Use the Add New Program button in the Account section to add an additional program to your residency.
- Select the number of positions to be filled and edit the description of the new program.
- The description of the new program must be unique and clearly distinguish that program from any other program offered by your residency. The program description must indicate the type of residency and start date of training as the first part of the program description; additional information should be added at the end of the program description to uniquely and clearly identify that program.
- The program Code Number will be assigned to the new program automatically by the system.
You can add a program to your residency until March 7, 2022. If you wish to add a program after this date, you will need to contact NMS.
Update Residency and/or Program Information
Select the Profile option from the NMS Match System menu to update your program description and residency information (residency display name, Program Director name, CAMPEP accreditation status, mailing address, telephone number, and fax number).
You may edit most of the information in the Profile section until the Rank Order List deadline. However, you cannot change the residency Display Name or the program description once the NMS Match System is open for the entry of rankings on March 7, 2022.
If your residency has more than one program in the Match, any changes you make to the residency information for one program will be made automatically for all programs at the residency. You cannot have different contact information for different programs within your residency.
To update your Profile information:
- Select the Edit button next to the information you want to change
- Update the information
- Press the Save button
Detailed instructions about the content to be entered into each field can be found by pressing the tooltip icon (?) next to the field name.
The online NMS Match System is designed to be used with the security and features of modern web browsers.
We recommend using the most up to date version of one of the following browsers:
If you access the system with a browser that is not in the list above, or with a browser that is significantly out of date, you may see warning messages and experience problems.