Things to Know
- Registering for the MedPhys Match does not constitute an application to any program.
- You should check with each program directly about their application requirements and method of submission. Most programs obtain their applications through the MP-RAP application service provided by AAPM.
- You must conduct yourself in a professional manner in all aspects of the recruitment process, including but not limited to applications, interviews, and any participation in online forums or shared information documents.
- To avoid potential misunderstandings, you should request from each program where you interview full information regarding eligibility requirements, resident compensation, and program accreditation status.
You should check with each program directly about how to submit an application. Most programs use the MP-RAP application service to collect applications.
MP-RAP is a separate and distinct service from the MedPhys Match, run by a different organization.
|MP-RAP||The MedPhys Match|
|Sends your applications to programs, before the interview and evaluation process.||Processes your Rank Order List and determines your final placement into a program after the interview process is complete.|
|Access from https://mprap.aapm.org/||Access from natmatch.com/medphys|
|Contact MP-RAP's customer support||Contact NMS customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-461-6322|
Only applicants who are registered for the MedPhys Match can send applications using MP-RAP to programs that are participating in the MedPhys Match.
Applying to Non-Match Programs
While it is expected that most programs will participate in the MedPhys Match, some programs may choose not to participate.
If you apply to both participating and non-participating programs, you will have to decide prior to the Rank Order List deadline whether to accept a position outside of the MedPhys Match or to participate in the MedPhys Match. Only programs that are participating in the MedPhys Match can be included on your Rank Order List.
If you accept a position at a program that is not participating in the MedPhys Match, you must withdraw from the MedPhys Match.
If you certify a Rank Order List and do not withdraw prior to the Rank Order List deadline, your rankings will be used in the matching process. If you are matched to a program, you must accept the position with which you are matched. If you refuse to accept the MedPhys Match result, your actions may be reported to the AAPM and penalties may be imposed as outlined in the Applicant Agreement.
In order to submit your Rank Order List by the deadline, all your interviews must be completed before March 23, 2022.
To determine if a program is acceptable and avoid potential misunderstandings, it is very important to have all information regarding program eligibility requirements, resident compensation, and program accreditation status. The program should provide this information as part of the application and interview process.
Applicants must conduct themselves in a professional manner in all aspects of the recruitment process, including but not limited to applications, interviews, and any participation in online forums or shared information documents.
Applicants and programs may freely discuss any matter and may express a high level of interest in each other. Communication guidelines are as follows:
- A program may voluntarily inform an applicant as to whether or not it intends to rank the applicant.
- An applicant may voluntarily inform a program as to whether or not the applicant intends to rank the program.
- Neither party (program or applicant) may solicit the intentions for ranking from the other party.
- Neither party may disclose to the other party or solicit from the other party any information regarding the positioning of any applicant or program on a Rank Order List.
Any expression of interest or intention to rank made during the free discussion between a program and an applicant is subject to change based on further considerations by either party. Both programs and applicants have the right to change their Rank Order Lists at any time prior to the Rank Order List deadline.