The Dental Match
What is the Dental Match?
The Dental Match is a process used by many postdoctoral dental education residency programs to place applicants into the first year of their training positions.
The Match simplifies the offer and acceptance process to help applicants obtain positions of their choice, and to help programs obtain applicants of their choice.
The Match is administered by National Matching Services Inc. (NMS).
Is my residency eligible to participate in the Dental Match?
To be eligible to participate in the Dental Match, a residency must either:
- (i) be accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) or the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada (CDAC), or;
- (ii) have applied for initial accreditation, expect to receive accreditation by the completion of training of applicants matched in the 2022 Match, and have received permission from the appropriate sponsoring organization to participate in the Match.
The Sponsoring Organizations of the Dental Match are:
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Special Care Dentistry Association
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American College of Prosthodontists
- American Society of Dentist Anesthesiologists
- American Student Dental Association
How do I register my residency to participate in the Dental Match?
The Program Director of each accredited AEGD, ANES, GPR, OMS, ORTHO, PED, PERIO, and PROS residency is sent an email with a personalized link and instructions to register their residency for the 2022 Match.
If you have not received your personalized email to register for the Match by May 17, 2021, please contact NMS.
In order to register for the Match, you will need to provide information about your residency and agree to abide by the terms of the Residency Agreement. You will also need to pay a Match registration fee, which can be paid at the time of registration or at a later date.