|System Opens For Rankings
|January 17, 2024
|Rank Order List Deadline
|February 16, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time
|System Opens For Rankings
|March 6, 2024
|Rank Order List Deadline
|March 11, 2024 at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time
You will not be able to access the NMS Match System to enter, change or certify your Rank Order List after the Rank Order List deadline indicated above for the Match and MPII.
You are strongly advised to enter your rankings and certify your Rank Order List well before the Rank Order List deadline to avoid potential problems near the deadline.
Enter Your Rankings
The Rankings summary on the Dashboard shows the number of ranks on your Rank Order List and whether or not your Rank Order List is certified for use in the matching process.
To enter ranks into your Rank Order List, select the Rankings option from the menu in the NMS Match System, or select Edit in the Rankings section of the Dashboard. You can add tracks to your Rank Order List by importing them from your applications or adding them one at a time.
Add a Track
Start typing in the search box to find the track you want to rank. Tracks can be searched by Code Number, residency program name, Program Director name, track description or city.
Each program may offer one or more tracks in CASPR. A track refers to a type of position or stream of training at a program (e.g., PMSR, PMSR/RRA). You must rank, and are matched to, a specific track offered by a program.
Note: You can only add tracks participating in MPII to your Rank Order List for MPII.
Use the available Filter to restrict your search results to a specific state.
- Select the Track you want to rank from the search results. Since match processing is based on the track Code Numbers, make sure the 4-digit Code Number shown for the track you select correctly identifies the track you wish to rank.
- Press the Add to List button to add the track to the end of your list. Tracks should be entered in rank number sequence if possible, with your most preferred track as rank 1, your next most preferred track as rank 2, and so on. You may add as many tracks as you wish to your list, and reorder the tracks on your list if necessary to reflect your true preferences.
Tracks that are withdrawn from CASPR will have a Withdrawn flag next to their track name. You should leave the withdrawn track ranked on your list. If it becomes active again before the Rank Order List deadline, that ranking will be used in the matching process. If the track remains withdrawn, that ranking will not be used in the matching process, and your list will be processed as if you had not ranked the withdrawn track.
Delete a Track
- Press the 'X' next to the track name to delete it from your list.
Reorder a Track
- To move or reorder a rank, use the drop-down menu attached to the rank number. You should select from the drop-down menu the rank number where you want to move the track.
Import Rankings From Your Applications
To import all the tracks where you submitted an application into your Rank Order List select the link to import from Your Applications near the top of the Rankings page. This link is only shown if no tracks are on your Rank Order List. After importing, you must order the tracks on your list according to your true preferences, make any changes that may be required to your list, and certify the list for it to be used in the matching process.
Import Rankings From Your Interviews
If you scheduled interviews using the NMS Match System, you can import the programs where you interviewed into your Rank Order List. The system will import all tracks offered by the programs where you had SCHEDULED interviews. If you scheduled interviews with some programs outside the NMS Match System, those tracks will not be imported but can be added to your list after the import is complete.
- Log in to theNMS Match System
- Select Rankings from the menu
- Select the link to import rankings from Your Interviews near the top of the page. This link is only shown if there are no tracks on your Rank Order List.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the import.
After the import, you must remove any tracks on your list that are unacceptable or for which you are not eligible. You may also add other tracks from other programs to your list, and reorder your rankings using the web interface.
Print Your Rank Order List
You should print a copy of your final certified Rank Order List for your records.
- Click on the Printer-Friendly link (provided at the top or bottom of your Rank Order List) and then use the print function of your browser.
- You will be able to view the printer-friendly copy of the Rank Order List you submitted for the Match only until February 28, 2024.
Certifying your Rank Order List indicates that your rankings are complete and ready to be used in the matching process. You must certify your Rank Order List in order for it to be used in the matching process.
You can make changes to your list even after it is certified until the Rank Order List deadline. If you make changes to a list after it is certified, the list will become uncertified and you will have to re-certify the list prior to the deadline in order for it to be used in the matching process.
To Certify Your Rank Order List
- Press the Submit for Certification button at the bottom of your Rank Order List, once you have added all your tracks and they are in the desired order of preference.
- The NMS Match System will alert you if any issues or problems exist in your Rank Order List and prompt you to certify your list by re-entering your password and pressing Submit.
There are three ways to verify that the list has been certified:
- A green banner will be displayed at the top of the Rankings page
- In the Rankings section of your Dashboard, it will indicate that the Rank Order List has been certified
- You will be sent an email from the NMS Match System confirming the certification
You are strongly encouraged to certify your completed Rank Order List well before the deadline date to avoid potential system access problems near the deadline.
The online NMS Match System is designed to be used with the security and features of modern web browsers.
We recommend using the most up to date version of one of the following browsers:
If you access the system with a browser that is not in the list above, or with a browser that is significantly out of date, you may see warning messages and experience problems.