When you log into the NMS Match System you are presented with a Dashboard. The Applications section of the Dashboard shows the number of applications currently pending and submitted.
Select the Edit button to get to the Application Overview page, where you provide your application content and submit your applications.
The Application Overview provides a summary of the sections that must be completed in order to submit an application. As you fulfil the minimum requirements in each section, the section status changes from Incomplete to Complete. The requirements for each section are described separately below.
The Applicant Information section has five subsections. You must provide information for all mandatory fields in each subsection in order to submit an application.
Your personal information is pre-populated based on the information you submitted when you registered for CASPR. You may change the pre-populated information if necessary.
You must provide details of at least one (1) undergraduate school and one (1) college of podiatric medicine. You may also add information on any graduate or residency/fellowship experiences you have. The information required includes:
- Type (Undergraduate, Graduate, DPM College, Residency/Fellowship)
- Institution Name
- Degree Received
- Whether the training was completed or not
- Location/Address of the Institution (for undergraduate, graduate, and residency/fellowship experiences only)
- Program Director Information (for Residency/Fellowship experiences only)
- Start and End Date
You may provide information about any honors, publications, or research projects you want to include in your application. This section is not required but applicants are encouraged to complete it. You are asked to provide the following information:
- Honors: Description and Date
- Publications: Title, Journal, Publication Date
- Research Projects: Title and Comments
National Board Scores
AACPM will obtain your Part I scores directly from Prometric - once in September and once in October - and will upload your passing result and number of attempts directly to the NMS Match System. Once a passing result has been uploaded for you, this section will be marked as complete.
You must accept and agree to the certification statements on this page in order to submit an application. Click on the checkbox, enter your password, and then press Save
All Documents must be uploaded in PDF format with an extension of .pdf. The maximum file size is 3MB. Do not password protect your files.
A Personal Statement must be included with each application you submit. You must upload a Personal Statement to the NMS Match System as a PDF document. A personal statement should address why you became interested in podiatry, your future goals, and the individual talents that you will bring to a residency experience and a podiatric medical/surgical career.
If you want to customize your statement for each program, you can prepare and upload multiple statements to the NMS Match System. Be sure to give each document a unique and descriptive name so that you know which document to include with each application when you assemble your application.
A CV must be included with each application you submit. You must upload the CV to the NMS Match System as a PDF document.
If you want to customize your CV for each program, you can prepare and upload multiple CVs to the NMS Match System. Be sure to give each document a unique and descriptive name so that you know which document to include with each application when you assemble your application.
Other Document Uploads
If applicable, you should upload the following additional documents to be included with your applications:
- Headshot Photo: Upload a headshot photo as a jpg or png file. The system will automatically crop your photo to center on your face. You may only have one photo uploaded to your account.
- Extracurriculars: You can upload a PDF document that lists information about your extracurricular activities. This document is an optional upload. If you want to customize this document for each program, you can prepare and upload multiple versions to the NMS Match System. Be sure to give each document a unique and descriptive name so that you know which document to include with each application when you assemble your application.
Some programs may require you to include additional information in your application.
You must include all Supplemental Material required by a program in a single PDF document for that program, as only one Supplemental Material document can be included in your application to each program. This document can be changed if needed after the submission of your application; however, no changes may be made after February 15, 2024.
If different programs require different Supplemental Material, you can prepare and upload a different Supplemental Material PDF document for each program. Be sure to give each document a unique and descriptive name so that you know which document to include with each application when you assemble your application.
If a program requires applicants to pay a supplemental fee or submit material directly to the program, they must be submitted by the deadline specified by the program in the CASPR Program Directory.
Your college will provide the following information on your behalf, which will be included in your application:
- Official Transcript
- Class Rank
- Dean's Letter (if applicable)
When your college provides this information on your behalf, it will be displayed here. Please note, if your school provides a Dean's Letter you will not be allowed to see the contents of the letter.
Each application must include a minimum of 3 and maximum of 6 letters of reference.
Reference letter requests are made using the NMS Match System. You must provide the reference writer's name and email address. You also need to add a Label and a Personal note to the request to clarify, for both you and the reference writer, the letter being requested. The system will send an email to your reference writer with a unique link to accept your request. The reference writer will then be able to upload the reference letter to the NMS Match System as a PDF document. You do not have access to the contents of the reference letters.
You may request as many different reference letters as you wish and you can attach different letters to each application. When you assemble your application for a specific program, you must designate a minimum of 3 and maximum of 6 specific letters to be included in the application to that program.
Tip: You should follow up with any reference writers who have not provided their letters as application deadlines approach.
Request New Reference Letter
- Select the + Request New Reference Letter.
Complete all information required for the reference letter request.
The letter Label should be a unique title that will clearly identify and distinguish this reference letter from other reference letters submitted on your behalf. The reference writer will be able to see this Label. You do not need to include the reference writer's name in the label. The writer's name will be displayed automatically when you choose which letters to include with an application.
For example, if a reference writer is preparing a personal letter for a specific program, the Label for the request should identify the name of the program. This will enable the reference writer to upload the appropriate letter for the request.
You must also enter a Personal Note, to provide any additional information you may wish to communicate about this request, such as the application due date or any other relevant information (even a simple "thank you"). The Personal Note will be included in the email sent to the reference writer for this request.
- Confirm that you agree to the terms of the reference request by clicking on the checkboxes.
- Press the Add button.
Tracking Your References
Reference requests will have one of three statuses:
- Requested: The NMS Match System has sent an email to the reference writer requesting a letter. Your personal note is included in the email sent to the reference writer. If one of your reference requests has been in the Requested status for a long time, you can click on the reference writer's name and resend the request email.
- Accepted: The reference writer has accepted your request for a reference, but has not yet uploaded their reference letter into the NMS Match System. If the reference writer rejects your request, the request will be deleted from your list.
- Received: The reference writer has uploaded their reference letter into the NMS Match System. If this reference letter has been included in any application that has already been submitted, you cannot delete the reference letter or remove it from the submitted application. However the reference writer does have the ability to replace the reference letter in an application with another either before or after an application has been submitted.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all references are uploaded to the NMS Match System by the appropriate deadline set by the program. If you are concerned that a reference letter that was attached to a submitted application will not be received in time, you can replace the reference letter in that application with another.
Delete a Reference Request
You can delete a reference request by clicking on the 'X' next to the reference writer's name. Once a reference letter that is attached to a submitted application has been received, it cannot be deleted.
The Program Selection page is where you select the programs where you want to apply.
Find a Program
Programs are listed alphabetically. You can search for a program by name, track description or Code Number (as shown in the List of Participating Programs). You can also filter the list by state, and/or display only programs that are still open to receive applications.
Use the link attached to the program's Code Number and description to access the program's information in the CASPR Program Directory
Select a Program (Add a Pending Application)
Select a program by pressing the Select button
When you select a program, it is added to your list of Pending Applications. Programs on your Pending Applications list are notified of your interest and have access to your contact information so they can reach out to you with information about their program, if they choose to do so. Programs on your Pending Applications list do not have access to your full application until it is submitted.
Selecting the button to Review Pending Applications takes you to the Application Submission page described below.
De-Select a Program (Remove a Pending Application)
You can remove an application from your Pending Applications list by pressing the 'X' button. When you remove a pending application, you are removed from the program's list of pending applicants, and the program will no longer have direct access to your contact information.
The Application Submission page shows all the programs you have selected, separated into two sections - Pending Applications and Submitted Applications. The page also shows the credits you have available for submitting additional applications.
Applications must be submitted by the application deadline date specified by the program.
The core components of submitted applications cannot be changed or withdrawn. However, you are able to update your Supplemental Material after an application has been submitted. Corrections to other application information must be provided as an addition to Supplemental Material.
Tip: You can submit your application before your college and reference writers upload their required material. However, your application will not be marked as complete until all material attached to the application has been uploaded to the NMS Match System. You can monitor the status of your your college material in the Document Uploads section and reference letters in the Reference Letter section. You should follow up with the appropriate party regarding any outstanding information as the application deadlines approach.
Applications submitted before November 1, 2023 will be available to programs starting November 1, 2023. Applications submitted after November 1, 2023 will be available to programs as soon as they are submitted.
You must Assemble and Submit a pending application in order to send it to a program.
- Select the Assemble button in the Pending Applications section.
- Select the Personal Statement, CV, extracurricular and supplemental material documents to attach to the application to this program.
- Select a minimum of 3 and maximum of 6 reference letters to attach to the application. The reference letters must be from different reference writers.
- Select the tracks at the program which you are interested in. Most programs offer only one track but some offer more than one. For programs with multiple tracks, you can indicate you are interested in all or only selected tracks. Note that an application credit allows you to send one application to one program, regardless of the number of tracks you are interested in at that program.
- College Material will be automatically added to your applications once provided by your college.
- Select the Submit This Application button to submit the application.
Once you submit an application, the core components of the application cannot be changed or withdrawn. Be sure your application information, documents and reference selections are correct before submitting the application. Any corrections to a submitted application must be provided in a Supplemental Material document.
- Select the Assemble button in the Pending Applications section.
The list of Submitted Applications shows the programs where you have applied. Your application will have one of three tags:
- Reference Not Received: The application has been submitted, but at least one of your reference letters has not yet been received.
- College Material Not Provided: The application has been submitted, but some of the information required from your college has not yet been received.
- Complete: All reference letters and college material included in the application have been received. The program will have a complete copy of your application materials.
Select the View button to view the application content that was submitted to the program.
The CASPR Applicant Fee paid upon registration allows you to send up to 12 applications to programs. If you want to send more applications, you must buy more application credits at a cost of $15 USD per credit.
To purchase more application credits:
- Select the Buy button
- Select how many credits you want to buy, and press the Submit button
- Enter Credit Card information, and press the Submit button
- Select the Buy button