Program Directors must log in to the NMS Match System to access their Match result.
The Match Results include:
- A downloadable PDF report which shows the applicants matched to your program(s), the number of positions offered and filled, and the results obtained by applicants ranked by your program(s). If your residency site offered more than one program in the Match, the results for all programs are available in a single report accessible from the Program Dashboard of any program that participated in the Match.
- A list of applicants who participated in the Match but were not matched to a position. This information is provided for the use of programs with available positions. The list can be filtered by location of residence.
Statistics for the 2018 Match and previous years are available.
No action to fill positions remaining unfilled after the Match is to be taken prior to 12:00 p.m. noon ET on February 26, 2018. When the results are released, programs with unfilled positions are permitted to seek applicants and fill positions that remain available independent of the Match. NMS is not involved in the filling of positions during the Post-Match Process.
Programs will have access to information on unmatched applicants in the NMS Match System. A List of Programs with Available Positions will also be provided to unmatched applicants. Programs that participated in the Match will be able to log in to the NMS Match System to update information shown on the list, including contact information and the number of positions available in each program (see instructions below).
Instructions for Updating the List of Programs with Available Positions
Programs must log in to the NMS Match System in order to update their contact information or the number of positions shown on the List of Programs with Available Positions.
Initially, only programs that were left with unfilled positions and did not indicate that they wanted to be excluded will be shown on the list. All programs that were active in the Match are able to update their information on available positions. Programs that did not register, or that registered but withdrew from the Match, are not able to update their information.
Updating the list: Programs will be able to update their contact information and the number of positions available.
- Contact information should be updated from the Profile section. Changes to contact information will apply only to the List of Programs with Available Positions, and will not be reflected permanently in NMS records. Permanent changes to contact information after the Rank Order List deadline must be submitted to NMS in writing, not through the NMS Match System.
- Programs can increase or decrease the number of available Post-Match positions in a program from the Program Dashboard. Programs can be added to the List by setting the number of available Post-Match positions to a number greater than zero, or removed from the List by setting the number of available positions to zero.
- Updates will not appear in real time, but the List will be updated frequently to ensure that the information provided to applicants seeking positions remains up-to-date.
The system will close for updates on April 30, 2018.