Clinical residency programs, as well as programs that are primarily focused on research but whose training activities are at least 25% clinical, are eligible to participate in the Match. Research fellowships whose training activities are less than 25% clinical are not eligible to participate in the Match.
Residency programs that are members of APPCN are required to participate in the Match if they have positions available that begin training in 2017. To qualify for membership in APPCN, a program must submit a self-study that has been reviewed for compliance with the specific training guidelines and standards set by APPCN. Information on membership requirements can be obtained from the APPCN web site.
Programs that are not members of APPCN may also participate in the Match provided they meet certain minimal qualifications as outlined in the Statement of Qualification for Non-Members of APPCN shown below, agree to abide by the APPCN Match Policies, and pay a Match registration fee. However, participation in the Match does not imply that a non-member program complies with the training guidelines and standards for membership set by APPCN.
The List of Participating Programs will indicate which participating programs are APPCN members and which are not APPCN members. A list of programs that are members of APPCN can also be found on the APPCN web site.
Statement of Qualification for Non-Members of APPCN
View Statement of Qualification
This residency site is not a member of the Association of Postdoctoral Programs in Clinical Neuropsychology (APPCN). However, this residency site wishes to participate in the APPCN Resident Matching Program (the "Match") for residency positions that begin training in 2017.
The residency program(s) offered by this site in the APPCN Match meet the following criteria:
- The program director is a licensed psychologist who has completed formal postdoctoral training in clinical neuropsychology. (Note: Board certification is not required.)
- One of the following two criteria must be met:
- For programs primarily focused on clinical training: Training activities are at least 50% clinical, 10% didactic/educational, and 10% research. Training activities are mostly neuropsychological.
- For programs primarily focused on research training: Training activities are at least 25% clinical, 10% didactic/educational, and 50% research. Training activities are mostly neuropsychological.
- The program involves a minimum of two years (24 months) of full-time training or equivalent time, with training occurring on no less than a half-time basis.
- A stipend is paid that is reasonable for the institutional and regional context.
- Supervision is provided primarily by licensed psychologists and satisfies state requirements for supervised postdoctoral experience.
I understand that non-member programs that participate in the Match may indicate their Match participation in any program brochures, advertisements, or other materials provided to potential applicants by stating that the program is an "APPCN Match participant". I understand further that non-member programs should not state that they are APPCN members, affiliates, associates, or have any other relationship with or are sanctioned by APPCN, beyond participation in the APPCN Match.
I understand that information provided to applicants by the Match will indicate that this residency site is not a member of APPCN, and that participation in the Match does not imply that a non-member program complies with the training guidelines and standards for membership set by APPCN. Except for the non-member registration fee and the indication that this site is not a member of APPCN, this residency site will participate in the Match on the same terms as will APPCN members.
Finally, I understand that participation in the Match by non-member programs is at the sole discretion of APPCN.
Any applicant seeking an appointment beginning after June 1, 2017 to a postdoctoral clinical neuropsychology residency program that participates in the Match must register to participate in the Match.