Match Results for Programs
Program Match Results
Programs must log in to the NMS Match System in order to access their results.
The Match results include:
- The AOA Match results for each institution
- A list of the status and outcome of the Match for all applicants from all schools
- For programs with available positions - information on applicants who did not obtain a position in the Match.
- Summary statistics of the results of the AOA Match
Every year, a small number of students fail to match with any of their ranked programs and some programs fail to fill all of their available positions.
- Students may contact and interview with institutions accepting applications for their internship and residency positions.
- Upon reaching a contractual agreement with a student, the institution will provide that student with an institutional contract.
- Both the student and the representative of the institution must sign the contract. Institutions must send students the contracts within 10 working days upon reaching a contractual agreement with the student. Students have up to 10 working days to return the signed contract.
Information on non-matched students is provided to institutions in the NMS Match System.
Students seeking positions after the Match have two sources of information on programs with available positions, as described below. Institutions are responsible for updating their program information in each of these sources. Students should check these sources often as programs may choose to update their information at any point during the post-Match period.
- A List of Programs with Available Positions is provided on the AOA's web site at svc01.osteopathic.org/aoapostmatch/ free of charge, and students may search that site for advertised positions. If an institution needs assistance posting unfilled positions, contact the AOA Department of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-202-8289.
- Information on all programs is provided on the AOA's Opportunities web site at opportunities.osteopathic.org, and can be updated by institutions using the access code for that web site previously sent to all DMEs. If you need assistance accessing the Opportunities web site, contact the AOA Department of Education at email@example.com or 312-202-8289.
If you have any questions about the post-Match procedure, please contact:
Tennille Yancey, Assistant Director, Trainee Services
A list of programs with positions available is provided on the AOA's web site at svc01.osteopathic.org/aoapostmatch/.
If you have questions about the AOA Post Match web site, contact the AOA at (800) 621-1773, ext. 8289 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
View Match Statistics for aggregate results of the AOA Match.