Match Results for Programs
Program Match Results
Programs must log in to the NMS Match System in order to access their results. The Match results include:
- A downloadable PDF report which shows the applicants matched to your program(s) listed in alphabetical order, the number of positions offered and filled, and the results obtained by applicants ranked by your program(s). If your institution offered more than one program in the Match, the results for all programs are available in a single PDF report accessible from the Program Dashboard of any program that participated in the Match.
- The list of applicants who participated in the Match but were not matched to a position. This information is provided for the use of programs with available positions. The list can be filtered by program type ranked, school and location of residence.
- A downloadable PDF report showing the Match status of every osteopathic student from every school.
Every year, a small number of students fail to match with any of their ranked programs and some programs fail to fill all of their available positions.
It is the responsibility of the students and institutions to negotiate directly with each other during the post-Match period in accordance with the procedures outlined below:
- Students may contact and interview with institutions accepting applications for their internship and residency positions.
- Upon reaching a contractual agreement with a student, the institution will provide that student with an institutional contract.
- Both the student and the representative of the institution must sign the contract. Contracts must be sent to students within 10 working days upon reaching a contractual agreement with the student. Students must also return the contract within 10 working days.
Information on non-matched students is provided to institutions via this web site.
Students seeking positions after the Match have two sources of information on programs with available positions, as described below. Institutions are responsible for updating their program information in each of these sources. Students should check these sources often as programs may choose to update their information at any point during the post-Match period.
- A List of Programs with Available Positions is provided on the AOA's web site at www.osteopathic.org/AOAPostMatch free of charge, and students may search that site for advertised positions. If an institution needs assistance posting unfilled positions, contact the AOA Department of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-202-8289.
- Information on all programs is provided on the AOA's Opportunities web site at www.opportunities.osteopathic.org, and can be updated by institutions using the access code for that web site previously sent to all DMEs. If you need assistance accessing the Opportunities web site, contact the AOA Department of Education at email@example.com or 312-202-8289.
If you have any questions about the post-Match procedure, please contact:
Tennille Yancey, Manager, Trainee Services
A list of programs with positions that remain available is provided on the AOA's web site at www.osteopathic.org/AOAPostMatch.
If you have questions about the AOA Post Match web site, contact the AOA at (800) 621-1773, ext. 8289 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see Match Statistics for aggregate results of the Match.