Match Results for Programs
Match result information will be posted online at 12:00 p.m. noon ET on February 5, 2018.
The following information will be available:
- The Match results for each institution
- A list of the status and outcome of the Match for all applicants from all schools.
- For programs with available positions - information on applicants who did not obtain a position in the Match.
- Summary statistics of the results of the Match for applicants and programs
Unmatched applicants will be able to access information on programs with positions available after the Match on the AOA Post Match web site. Instructions and information for accessing and updating information on the AOA Post-Match web site will be provided to programs by the AOA in December.
Access to most Match result information will be restricted to registered participants in the Match. Registered participants should consult the instructions provided by NMS in November 2017 for information on accessing result information.
In addition to obtaining Match results online, Match result information for each institution will also be sent by e-mail to the DME on the day Match results are released.
It is the responsibility of the students and institutions to negotiate directly with each other during the post-Match period in accordance with the procedures outlined below:
- Students may contact and interview with institutions accepting applications for their internship and residency positions.
- Upon reaching a contractual agreement with a student, the institution will provide that student with an institutional contract.
- Both the student and the representative of the institution must sign the contract. Contracts must be sent to students within 10 working days upon reaching a contractual agreement with the student. Students must also return the contract within 10 working days.
Information on non-matched students is provided to institutions via this web site.
Students seeking positions after the Match have two sources of information on programs with available positions, as described below. Institutions are responsible for updating their program information in each of these sources. Students should check these sources often as programs may choose to update their information at any point during the post-Match period.
- A List of Programs with Available Positions is provided on the AOA's web site at www.osteopathic.org/AOAPostMatch free of charge, and students may search that site for advertised positions. If an institution needs assistance posting unfilled positions, contact the AOA Department of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-202-8289.
- Information on all programs is provided on the AOA's Opportunities web site at www.opportunities.osteopathic.org, and can be updated by institutions using the access code for that web site previously sent to all DMEs. If you need assistance accessing the Opportunities web site, contact the AOA Department of Education at email@example.com or 312-202-8289.
If you have any questions about the post-Match procedure, please contact:
Tennille Yancey, Manager, Trainee Services
Please see Match Statistics for aggregate results from previous years' Matches.