AOA Match Results for OPTIs
This page contains important information related to the AOA Match results provided to each OPTI.
Access OPTI's Results
OPTIs have access to Match result reports for each school and institution that belongs to the OPTI and participated in the AOA Match. Institutions that did not offer positions to applicants through the AOA Match are excluded from each OPTI's list of institutions.
To access the AOA Match result report for schools and institutions that belong to your OPTI, select your OPTI from the drop-down list below and enter your OPTI's password (provided to you previously by the AOA), then click on the SUBMIT button.
Every year, a small number of students fail to match with any of their ranked programs and some programs fail to fill all of their available positions.
It is the responsibility of the students and institutions to negotiate directly with each other during the post-Match period in accordance with the procedures outlined below:
- Students may contact and interview with institutions accepting applications for their internship and residency positions.
- Upon reaching a contractual agreement with a student, the institution will provide that student with an institutional contract.
- Both the student and the representative of the institution must sign the contract. Institutions must send students the contracts within 10 working days upon reaching a contractual agreement with the student. Students have up to 10 working days to return the signed contract.
Information on non-matched students is provided to institutions in the NMS Match System.
Students seeking positions after the Match have two sources of information on programs with available positions, as described below. Institutions are responsible for updating their program information in each of these sources. Students should check these sources often as programs may choose to update their information at any point during the post-Match period.
- A List of Programs with Available Positions is provided on the AOA's web site at svc01.osteopathic.org/aoapostmatch free of charge, and students may search that site for advertised positions. If an institution needs assistance posting unfilled positions, contact the AOA Department of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-202-8289.
- Information on all programs is provided on the AOA's Opportunities web site at www.opportunities.osteopathic.org, and can be updated by institutions using the access code for that web site previously sent to all DMEs. If you need assistance accessing the Opportunities web site, contact the AOA Department of Education at email@example.com or 312-202-8289.
If you have any questions about the post-Match procedure, please contact:
Tennille Yancey, Assistant Director, Trainee Services
Match Result Report for an Institution
The first part of the report shows the students matched to the institution. If the institution offered more than one program in the AOA Match, the results are separated by program.
Following the list of students matched to each program, the report includes a listing of the AOA Match result for each of the students ranked by the institution. The information in this report is confidential and should not be distributed or made available to anyone who does not need to know this information.
A list of programs with positions available is provided on the AOA's Post-Match web site at svc01.osteopathic.org/aoapostmatch/.
Access to information on unmatched applicants is provided in the result report for any institution that was left with unfilled positions after the AOA Match.
Match Result Report for a School
The report for each school shows the status and outcome of the Match for all its current seniors and previous years' graduates.
For students who matched, the report shows the where the student matched. For students who obtained a military position, the institution and location of the position are shown if known. Students who participated in the AOA Match but did not obtain a position are shown as "Not Matched". Students who did not participate in the AOA Match are shown as "Non-Participant".