Match Results for Applicants
Access Match Results
Match result information for the 2019 Match cycle is no longer available. If you have any questions, you should contact NMS directly.
Every year, a small number of students fail to match with any of their ranked programs and some programs fail to fill all of their available positions.
It is the responsibility of the students and institutions to negotiate directly with each other during the post-Match period in accordance with the procedures outlined below:
- Students may contact and interview with institutions accepting applications for their internship and residency positions.
- Upon reaching a contractual agreement with a student, the institution will provide that student with an institutional contract.
- Both the student and the representative of the institution must sign the contract. Institutions must send students the contracts within 10 working days upon reaching a contractual agreement with the student. Students have up to 10 working days to return the signed contract.
Information on non-matched students is provided to institutions in the NMS Match System.
Students seeking positions after the Match have two sources of information on programs with available positions, as described below. Institutions are responsible for updating their program information in each of these sources. Students should check these sources often as programs may choose to update their information at any point during the post-Match period.
- A List of Programs with Available Positions is provided on the AOA's web site at svc01.osteopathic.org/aoapostmatch free of charge, and students may search that site for advertised positions. If an institution needs assistance posting unfilled positions, contact the AOA Department of Education at email@example.com or 312-202-8289.
- Information on all programs is provided on the AOA's Opportunities web site at opportunities.osteopathic.org, and can be updated by institutions using the access code for that web site previously sent to all DMEs. If you need assistance accessing the Opportunities web site, contact the AOA Department of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-202-8289.
If you have any questions about the post-Match procedure, please contact:
Tennille Yancey, Assistant Director, Trainee Services
List of Available Positions
A list of programs with positions available is provided on the AOA's web site at svc01.osteopathic.org/aoapostmatch.
This list includes only those programs that elect to list their available positions on the AOA Post-Match web site.
View Match Statistics for aggregate results of the AOA Match.