Enter Your Rankings
This information is intended to familiarize applicants with the NMS Match System, with specific instruction for submitting rankings for the Match.
All information to be submitted for the Match, including your personal information and certified Rank Order List or withdrawal, must be submitted using the NMS Match System. The deadline for submitting all information for the Match is January 20, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET. You will not be able to access the system to submit rankings or withdrawals, certify your list, or change any of your personal information, after the deadline.
You are strongly encouraged to enter and certify your Rank Order List, or withdraw from the Match, well before the Rank Order List deadline to avoid system access problems near the deadline.
Access the NMS Match System
Access the NMS Match System by selecting the option to Log in to NMS Match System from the menu on the left side of the screen.
The NMS Match System is available for Match participants to enter their Rank Order Lists as follows:
|NMS Match System Opens For Rankings:||January 4, 2017|
|Rank Order List Deadline:||January 20, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time|
To log in to the NMS Match System you will be required to enter both your e-mail address and password that you have previously provided on this web site.
If you do not have your password, use the Forgot Password? link provided on the login page and follow the instructions to reset your password.
The system uses Java Script and creates a temporary session cookie on your computer. These features must remain enabled in your browser for the system to work properly.
Account and/or Profile Information
After you log in to the NMS Match System, you can view your Account and Profile information by selecting the appropriate option from the menu. Your Account and Profile information includes your name, mailing address, telephone number(s), school, graduation date, last 4-digits of SSN, NRMP® ID, security information and e-mail address.
Ensure the e-mail address used for your account is valid, as your Match result will be sent to that e-mail address. You should also ensure that phone number(s) are on file where you can be reached during the period from submission of your Rank Order List until release of the Match results in case questions arise regarding your Rank Order List.
After you log in to the NMS Match System, you will be presented with your Dashboard. The Dashboard provides a summary of your participation information for the Match.
- Couples: You will be able to indicate your desire to participate in the Match as a member of a couple by clicking the Edit button in the Couple Status section of the Dashboard. To participate as a couple, you must be prepared to identify your partner by entering his or her applicant Code Number into the NMS Match System. Your partner must also identify you as his/her partner in the system. To obtain further instructions, please read the page titled Participate as a Couple.
- Withdraw: You will be able to withdraw yourself from the Match prior to the Rank Order List deadline by clicking on the Edit button in the Status section of the Dashboard. As part of the withdraw process, you will be asked to provide a reason for withdrawing by selecting from a predefined set of choices.
Applicants with Military Obligations: If you have been assigned to a military program, you must withdraw from the Match. When you withdraw, you must select the military training site to which you have been placed as your reason for withdrawing.
If you are already withdrawn, you will be able to reinstate yourself in the Match prior to the Rank Order List deadline by clicking the Edit button in the Status section of the Dashboard. You will need to confirm your reinstatement by re-entering your password and clicking submit.
The Dashboard also shows key information about your rankings, including the Rank Order List deadline, the number of rankings you have submitted and whether or not your Rank Order List is certified. Certifying the Rank Order List confirms to NMS that your list is ready to be used in the Match. Only Certified Rank Order Lists are used in the Match.
Enter Your Rank Order List
- To begin entering choices into your Rank Order List for the Match, select Rankings (option in menu), or select Edit in the Rankings section of the Dashboard.
- Start typing in the search box to find the program you want to rank. Programs can be searched by Code Number, institution name, DME name, city or program description. Use the available Filters to restrict your search results to a specific program type or state.
Programs that are withdrawn from the Match will have a Withdrawn flag next to their program name. You should leave a withdrawn program ranked on your list. If you leave the program on your list and the program again becomes active in the Match before the Rank Order List deadline, that ranking will be used in the Match. If the program remains withdrawn, that ranking will not be used in the Match, and your list will be processed as if you had not ranked the withdrawn program.
- Select the Program from the search results.
- Press Add to List. Programs should be entered in rank number sequence, with your most preferred program as rank 1, your next most preferred program as rank 2, and so on. You may add as many programs as you wish to your list.
- You can reorder programs on your Rank Order List using the drop-down menu attached to the rank number. You can delete a program by clicking the “x” to the right of the program name. You should be aware that modifications to your list affect your entire list. For example, if you choose to delete a program at Rank #4 on a list of 10 ranks, the less preferred programs are automatically moved up one rank. The program previously ranked #5 becomes rank #4, rank #6 becomes #5, and so on.
Since the match will be made based on the Code Numbers, make sure the correct 5-digit Code Number for each program you wish to rank is shown on your Rank Order List. This is of particular importance when you are ranking a program at an institution that is offering more than one program in the Match.
Certify Your Rank Order List
Only Rank Order Lists that have been certified will be used in the Match.
- Press Submit for Certification (at the bottom of your Rank Order List) once you have added all your programs and they are in the desired order of preference.
- The NMS Match System will alert you if any issues or problems exist in your Rank Order List, and prompt you to certify your list by re-entering your password and pressing Submit.
Your Rank Order List can be entered in one or more sessions. However, you are advised to certify your Rank Order List at the end of each session in which you have entered or modified your rankings, rather than returning at a later date to certify your list. Even if you have already certified your information, you can return to make changes any time until the Rank Order List deadline. Whenever you change your Rank Order List, you will have to re-certify your list in order for the list to be used in the Match.
You should not call NMS to confirm that your Rank Order List has been certified. If you need to verify that your list has been certified, you can return to the Dashboard page. If your list has been certified, a message will appear on that page indicating that the Rank Order List is certified.
Your Rank Order List must be certified by January 20, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time
You will not be able to access the NMS Match System to enter rankings, certify your list or withdraw after the Rank Order List deadline. You are strongly encouraged to complete and certify your Rank Order List, or withdraw from the Match, well before the deadline date to avoid system access problems near the deadline.
Print a Copy of Your Rank Order List
Print a copy of your final certified Rank Order List for your records. Click on the Printer-Friendly link (provided at the top or bottom of your Rank Order List) and then use the print function of your browser.
You will also be able to view and print information in the NMS Match System for four days after the Rank Order List deadline (until 11:59 p.m. ET on January 24). However, you will not be able to change any information or certify a Rank Order List in the NMS Match System after the Rank Order List deadline.
You should end each session on the NMS Match System by selecting Log Out.
The NMS Match System includes Help screens and tooltips marked by a ? that can be displayed from within the system. In addition, if you have questions concerning your use of the NMS Match System, you can call NMS for technical support from 10:00 a.m. ET through 4:00 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday, at 800-461-6322. You can also send a question by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.