ROLIC User Guide
This guide is designed to familiarize applicants with the Rank Order List Input and Confirmation (ROLIC) system. This guide can be printed and used to lead you through the ROLIC system.
All information to be submitted for the Match, including your personal information and certified Rank Order List or withdrawal, must be submitted using the Rank Order List entry system provided on this web site. The deadline for submitting all information for the Match is January 23, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET. You will not be able to access the system to submit rankings or withdrawals, certify your list, or change any of your personal information, after the deadline.
Access the ROLIC System
Access the ROLIC system by selecting the option to Log in (Registered Applicants) from the menu on the left side of the page.
The ROLIC system is available for use by Match participants as follows:
|ROLIC System Opens For Use:||January 7, 2015|
|Rank Order List Deadline:||January 23, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time|
To log in to the ROLIC system you will be required to enter both your 6-digit Match Code Number and the password that you have previously provided on this web site. After entering your Match Code Number and password, click on the Submit button to enter the system.
If you do not have your Match Code Number and/or password, a link is provided on the login page that will enable you to obtain this information.
When the ROLIC system is available, as indicated above, information about the current status of your Rank Order List will be displayed when you log in to the system. If you have not yet entered any ranks, a link will be provided that will enable you to access the ROLIC system to enter your rankings of programs for the Match. If you have already entered ranks, the display will indicate the status of your list (certified or not certified, and the number of ranks you have entered), and a link will be provided that will enable you access the ROLIC system to modify, display or print your Rank Order List. In addition, if you have already entered ranks, the date and time of the last change to any of your information in the system will also be displayed.
The system uses Java Script and creates a temporary session cookie on your computer. These features must remain enabled in your browser for the system to work properly.
Update Personal Information and/or Withdraw from the Match
After you log in to the system, a page of information will be displayed and you will be provided with several options:
- Your Match Code Number, name and e-mail address will be displayed. A link is provided that will enable you to review and update if necessary the personal information in your profile for the Match (name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone numbers, SSN, school and date of graduation, security information). The e-mail address in your profile will be used to send your Match result to you. You should also ensure that current telephone numbers are on file where you can be reached during the period from submission of your Rank Order List until release of the Match results, in case questions arise regarding your Rank Order List.
- Your current status in the Match (active or withdrawn) will be displayed. A link is provided that will enable you to change your status. You will be able to withdraw yourself from the Match prior to the deadline on January 23, 2015. When you withdraw, you must select a reason for withdrawing from a predefined list of choices. The choices available will include a list of military training sites; if you have been assigned to a military position, you must indicate the military training site to which you are assigned by selecting that site as your reason for withdrawing.
If you withdraw but subsequently decide to submit rankings of programs for the Match, you can reinstate yourself prior to the deadline.
- Your couple status in the Match (individual or member of a couple) will be displayed. A link is provided that will enable you to change your couple status. To participate as a member of a couple, you must be prepared to identify your partner by entering his or her Match Code Number into the system. Your partner must also identify you as his or her partner in his/her profile. Both you and your partner should indicate you are participating in the Match as a couple prior to entering your Rank Order Lists into the system. Please see the instructions for participating in the Match as a couple for more information.
Enter and Save Your Rank Order List
To begin entering rankings of programs into your Rank Order List for the Match, click on the Enter Rank Order List button at the bottom of the initial applicant page.
Programs are added to your Rank Order List in rank number sequence by entering the 5-digit program Code Numbers in the boxes next to the appropriate rank numbers. The Code Number for your most preferred program should be entered in the box beside Rank 1, the Code Number for your next most preferred program should be entered in the box beside Rank 2, and so on. If you do not know the Code Number for a program, you can click on the Search Directory button at the top of the page to search for the program by program type and location.
When entering programs into your Rank Order List, use only the 5-digit program Code Numbers provided in the List of Participating Programs on this web site, or in a search from within the ROLIC system. Since the match will be made based on the Code Numbers, make sure you enter the correct 5-digit Code Number for each program you wish to rank. This is of particular importance when you are ranking a program at an institution that is offering more than one program in the Match.
You may enter up to 10 programs at a time before you must save your list by clicking on the Save List button. Each time you save your list, the page is refreshed and the institution name, city, state and program description of each program you have ranked are displayed. You may then continue to add up to 10 rankings at a time before re-saving your list.
You can delete a program that you have previously saved on your list by checking the Delete box displayed between the Code Number and the institution name of the program to be deleted. After deleting a program, the remaining ranks on your list will then be re-displayed.
Inserting and Moving Programs
You can insert new programs into your list or move programs that have already been saved on your list by using the buttons provided at the top of the screen after you have saved one or more rankings of programs in your Rank Order List. To insert a program into your list, enter the program Code Number and the desired rank number, then click the Insert button. To move a program from one rank to another, enter the current rank number and the new rank number where you want to move the program, and then click the Move button.
You should be aware that modifications to your list affect your entire list. For example, if you choose to insert a program into Rank #4 on a list of 10 ranks, the less preferred programs are automatically moved down one rank. The program previously ranked #4 becomes rank #5, rank #5 becomes #6, and so on.
If you enter a program Code Number that is not valid, a warning message will appear at the top of the page the next time the list is saved. At the bottom of the page, the invalid program Code Number and the reason that the Code Number is invalid will be shown. You should check the List of Participating Programs on this web site or use the search facility in ROLIC to find the correct Code Number.
If you rank a program that is no longer active in the Match, a warning message will appear the next time the list is saved. You can leave the inactive program ranked on your list. If you leave the program on your list and the program again becomes active in the Match before the Rank Order List deadline, that ranking will be used in the Match. If the program remains inactive, that ranking will not be used in the Match, and your list will be processed as if you had not ranked the inactive program.
Certify Your Rank Order List
Only Rank Order Lists that have been certified will be used in the Match. Your Rank Order List can be entered in one or more sessions. However, you are advised to certify your Rank Order List at the end of each session in which you have entered or modified the rankings on your list, rather than returning at a later date to certify your list. Even if you have already certified your information, you can return to make changes any time until the Rank Order List deadline. Whenever you change your Rank Order List, you will have to re-certify your list in order for the list to be used in the Match.
Certification is a two-step process:
- First, after you enter and save all your program rankings, you must indicate that your Rank Order List is complete and ready to certify by clicking the List Complete button at the top of the Rank Order List entry page. You must indicate that your list is complete in order to be given the opportunity to certify your Rank Order List. If you entered ranks in a previous session but did not indicate that the list is complete, and you are now returning to the ROLIC system to certify your list, you must select the Enter/Modify Ranks button at the bottom of the initial applicant page in order to go to the Rank Order List entry page, and then select the List Complete button.
- After you indicate that your list is complete, the ROLIC system will display a page that will allow you to certify your Rank Order List. The certify page contains important information; read it carefully.
- It tells you that you can still make changes after certifying your list, but if you do so the list must be re-certified by the Rank Order List deadline in order to be used in the Match.
- It will provide warning messages if there are any special circumstances about your list that you might want to change
before certifying your list.
- You will be given the option to receive an e-mail confirmation of the fact that you have certified your list in the
ROLIC system. (Note: requesting this e-mail confirmation is not required in order for you to certify your list; this e-mail
confirmation is provided only for your convenience and peace of mind. Your certified list will be used in the Match whether or not you request this e-mail confirmation.)
- To certify your list, you must re-enter your password in the box provided on the certify page, and then click on the Certify button.
- At the bottom of the certify page, options are provided to enable you to modify your list, display your full Rank Order List information, or withdraw from the Match.
You should not call NMS to confirm that your Rank Order List has been certified. If you need to verify that your list has been certified, you can return to the initial applicant page displayed after you log in to the ROLIC system. If your list has been certified, a message will appear on the initial page indicating that the Rank Order List is certified. Indication that your list has been certified also appears on a display of the Rank Order List information in the ROLIC system.
View and Print a Copy of Your Rank Order List
You can view and print a copy of your Rank Order List information at any time prior to the Rank Order List deadline by selecting the Display/Print option provided in the ROLIC system; to print a copy of your Rank use the print function of your browser. It is strongly recommended that you display and print a copy of your final certified Rank Order List for your records, before the Rank Order List deadline.
You will also be able to view and print information in the ROLIC system for four days after the Rank Order List deadline (until 11:59 p.m. ET on January 27, 2015). However, you will not be able to change any information or certify a Rank Order List in the ROLIC system after the January 23 Rank Order List deadline.
To end each session on the ROLIC system, you should click the Sign Off button. For security reasons, you should not leave the ROLIC system without signing off. Also, after signing off, you should shut down your browser. You may return to the ROLIC system at any time prior to the Rank Order List deadline to review and/or change your information.
|Your Rank Order List must be certified by 11:59 p.m. ET on January 23, 2015.|
You will not be able to access the ROLIC system to enter rankings, certify your list or withdraw after the Rank Order List deadline. You are strongly encouraged to complete and certify your Rank Order List, or withdraw from the Match, well before the deadline date to avoid system access problems near the deadline.
The ROLIC system includes many Help screens that can be displayed from within the system. In addition, if you have questions concerning your use of the ROLIC system, you can call NMS for technical support from 10:00 a.m. ET through 4:00 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday, at 800-461-6322. You can also send a question by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.